cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

di_campos
Journeyman III

Rendering with CPU crashes on Blender AMD Ryzen 7 any ideas?

Im having trouble with amd Ryzen 7 1800x  when i render on cycles,the blender crashes + black screen  idk what happens.

I decided to run some CPU benchmarks. So first as Usual was Cinebench15 before V-Ray Benchmark and everything was alright then was turn of Blender. And first test with bmw benchmark crashed Blender. It just turned off monitor like crash of GPU drivers and when it is on Blender disapeared.

https://www.blender.org/download/demo-files/

i tryed the scenes Car Demo, Class room, Barcelona Pavillion and they all happen this

Gpu is ok Cpu is not ok temperature seems ok

My setup is:

Motherboard ASUS PRIME X370-PRO and

Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 CL16 Grey

GTX 1060 6gb

Water Cooler Cooler Master MasterLiquid Lite 120 MLW-D12M-A20PW-R1

SSD Kingston 2.5´ 120GB A400 SATA III

0 Likes
1 Solution

di.campos, have you found the cause of the USB over-current message?  That needs to be fixed.  Ultimately you will need dual channel memory to get full potential from you processor.  Do that first.  Do a fresh install of W10 and let us know how it goes.  Thanks ans enjoy, John.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies
di_campos
Journeyman III

This happens also on 3ds max and daz studio but doest crash in both softwares only black screen and message from windows "power surge on the usb port"

i use Corsair Cx600 80plus Bronze on my setup.

0 Likes

di.campos, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) and only use RM to report temperatures.  Your power supply is skimpy at best.  Can you borrow maybe a 750 Watt supply to try.  Please look in your minidump folder (in Windows folder) and if it contains files, compress the folder and upload it so we can take a look.  What does "Cpu is not ok" mean?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Hi, billy72

1) CPU temperature on the average 37c e 45c rendering reaches 70c A) http://prntscr.com/m545tz B) http://prntscr.com/m546ks

2) Latest bios version installed  4207

3) Memory 1x8gb and no memtest86 message. when rendering for a long time in daz studio or 3ds max windows shows me message "power surge on the usb port" A) http://prntscr.com/m5443w B) https://prnt.sc/m4w6y8

4) blender v2.79b I cant render, close in time so i use the version v2.79 go to half the render, black screen and crashing

0 Likes

I'm thinking it's memory incompatibility because it's not on the list.

0 Likes

Thanks, di.campos.  Do you really have two keyboards?  Is you water cooler plugged into a MB USB port?  Perhaps it thinks it is a KB.  Are your KB (or 2) and/or mouse plugged in to USB ports?  Is today the first day for the USB surge problem?  Never seen that message before.  Is the MB in a case or on a bench?  You may need to check if your MB is shorting to the case, perhaps via an extra  standoff under it (or a loose screw).  I have seen situations where the builder put too many standoffs in and shorted the MB.  I need to go for tonight but will check in tomorrow.  You memory is probably not the problem, but please get a dual channel kit on the list if you buy.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Something weird happened and it would not let me post my reply.  I logged out then in and posted this saved reply but your replies were gone.  Weird????

0 Likes

It is one keyboard and one mouse

0 Likes

di.campos, all of your links yield 404s and there is no reason to use external links.  Use the image icon at the top of the reply window.  Your processor has dual channel memory access.  By using only one memory stick, 50% of your memory speed is wasted.  Enjoy, John.

Hi John

1) CPU temperature on the average 37c e 45c rendering reaches 70c

pastedImage_2.png

3) Memory 1x8gb and no memtest86 message. when rendering for a long time in daz studio or 3ds max windows shows me message "power surge on the usb port" I did the source calculation on this site eXtreme Outer Vision - Recommended Power Supply Calculator

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

*** The memory I am using is not on the compatibility list of the motherboard manufacturer I am afraid to buy another RAM memory of the same brand and the problem persists.

0 Likes

Before I decided to format the pc again. and this message appears today. the pc was turned on for 2 days and the render worked on firsts times when the pc was empty. What should I try first? add new memory ram or a new power supply with more watts maybe a 700w or 650w plus bronze? idkpastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

di.campos, have you found the cause of the USB over-current message?  That needs to be fixed.  Ultimately you will need dual channel memory to get full potential from you processor.  Do that first.  Do a fresh install of W10 and let us know how it goes.  Thanks ans enjoy, John.

0 Likes
di_campos
Journeyman III

Problem solved, was driver. so i downloaded "Ashampoo Driver Updater" and the drivers were updated corretly. the renders now finalize without closing blender and windows doesnt present message USB over-current message anymore but i need test in daz studio too. I after added one more ram, but i didnt have a significant performance in the renders. I believe that for better performance it needs overclocking Thank you for your help.

0 Likes

You mentioned that you used "Ashampoo Driver Updater". That is not a good way to update drivers on your computer. Sometimes those generic Updaters installs wrong drivers that will cause more problem.

The best way to update drivers is to use the Manufacturer of your Hardware own Driver updater similar to what Intel has.  Intel's Driver updater is called Intel Driver and Support Assistant.  This will automatically update and install all compatible Intel Drivers on your computer. Or go straight to the Hardware Support site and download their drivers.  Best is to go to the Motherboard's Support site and download the drivers that you will know will work on your motherboard unless they are very old, then you can go to specific hardware support site.

Another way is through Device Manager or Windows Update. Even though Windows Update may install an older driver or a driver that is not as good as the hardware manufacturers.

For Your Information Only and my personal opinion on using generic Driver Updaters.

0 Likes
di_campos
Journeyman III

at first I used windows update then tried to update the drivers through the manufacturer's website

0 Likes