cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

needsnurfing
Adept II

Adrenalin 2019 18.12.3 Vega56 wattman clock issues.

Using adrenalin 18.12.3 I have found about once per day my gpu/memory clocks get stuck in low power states and require a full system reset. Whether i use the Balanced Profile, Custom with automatic undervolt or a full custom with my own speed bins defined.

Each profile exhibits the same behavior. The memory gets stuck @ 167mhz and the gpu clock 1100mhz i believe. But most of the time the gpu clock is ok it's just the memory that becomes stuck.

Launching a game, any game will have very low performance around 10-30fps when i'm normally running 70fps locked.

I use an LG ultrawide monitor 2560x1080 with freesync and running @ 75hz.

my gpu is an asus rog strix vega56.

ryzen2700x

asus rog crosshair hero vii

16gb gskill 3466mhz

windows 10 v1809

As a side note, this driver also prevents my monitor from entering sleep. The lock screen will come up after 10 minutes so the pc is inactive but the monitor just stays on indefinately.

0 Likes
5 Replies
needsnurfing
Adept II

Rolled back to 18.12.2, this morning the gpu shader clock was fixed at 1157 but the memory was fine. Also monitor power saving will not activate.

0 Likes

I have the rog strix vega 64 OC edition and I was using the the asus software that allows tweaking the fan speeds and memory etc. I have since disabled this software from the startup and have ceased using it - instead relying on driver and Radeon specific integrated tools for tweaking fan states. ( and others things ).

Perhaps this will help, as the software was issuing state changes after boot and log in that would crash and/or conflict with the driver and nullify tweaks to the primary driver software parameters.

I have tried running for a few days without any 3rd party software that interacts with the gpu, however the issue still happens. I use icue for corsair fans, rtss and msi afterburner for overlay output and hwinfo for system monitoring. Preventing all those apps from running at startup and just using the adrenalin software makes no difference for me.

0 Likes

Disabling those programs is not the answer. Registry changes are made when they are installed. Uninstall them, clean install the AMD driver of your choice and learn/use Wattman.

Radeon™ Software Help Center | AMD

How to Tune GPU Performance Using Radeon Wattman and Radeon Chill | AMD

0 Likes

12.2 and 12.3 have the same issue for me, the memory will become stuck at 167mhz and the gpu clock at 1167mhz. Seems to happen after periods of idle (where the monitor fails to powersave too).

0 Likes