cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mythicalbear
Journeyman III

Can someone help? I cant create a custom resolution.

So I was looking into custom resolutions for fortnite and one of the steps was to make custom rez using your AMD settings, so I went in there and I didn't see the "Create a custom resolution." I have been looking everywhere and trying everything to fix this but nothing seems to work. Can someone help? Thank you!

My specs:

Desktop

Windows 8.1 pro

Software version: Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta (The software says 15.301)

Display: Vizio E240AR 60Hz 1360 x 768 I believe

Motherboard: MSI a68hm-e33 v2 Version: 7721v85

CPU: AMD Athlon X4 845 Quad core

Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6450

RAM: 8GB of ddr3

HDD: 1tb hard drive

PSU: Corsir CX 430

Message was edited by: Malcolm Adger

0 Likes
1 Solution

As a work around to the issue you are having, have you tried using Custom Resolution Utility?  It is a small free program that you can add and customize your monitor's Resolutions.

Here is where you can download it and read on how to use it: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)

Note: By the way, AMD doesn't support Windows 8.0/8.1 Operating Systems with updated drivers. So whatever driver there is for Windows 8.1 is the last driver made for that OS.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

doesn't help me 1 bit

0 Likes

These are your choices for a driver > AMD Radeon™ HD 6450 Drivers & Support | AMD

I would clean install them. Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

** Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 must be fully updated before attempting to install any AMD driver. All 'critical', 'recommended', and 'optional' (no language packs,etc) updates as well as any Service Packs (SP) must be installed before any attempt to install graphics drivers. If you do not get this message .... keep installing until you do:

0 Likes

Updated my windows and it still won't display custom res.

0 Likes

As a work around to the issue you are having, have you tried using Custom Resolution Utility?  It is a small free program that you can add and customize your monitor's Resolutions.

Here is where you can download it and read on how to use it: Custom Resolution Utility (CRU)

Note: By the way, AMD doesn't support Windows 8.0/8.1 Operating Systems with updated drivers. So whatever driver there is for Windows 8.1 is the last driver made for that OS.

That's weird, thank you for your help.

0 Likes