cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

grimik
Journeyman III

Monitor (graphics tablet) not working with AMD Radeon drivers installed

Hello, this is my first post, I have problem with a graphics tablet, I'm an illustrator and digital animator, I got a Huion Kamvas pro 12, when I connect it to my PC, it shows a screen with gray noise (like old tv without signal). The problem is with the AMD Driver, because when I uninstall it it works without problems, and the moment I reinstall the graphics drivers it fails again. It works correctly if I start in safe mode.

PC specs:

Asus Prime a320m-k

Ryzen 3 2200G

12 gb of ram

Windows 10

Things I already tried:

1.- Cleanly uninstall and reinstall the graphics and tablet drivers. The tablet works while the amd drivers are not installed and fails when are installed.

2.- A clean Windows installation, and again the monitor works as long as the amd drivers are not installed and fails again when are installed.

3.- Already tested in another PC with Intel graphics and another one with Nvidia graphics and the monitor works properly even with the graphics Tablet drivers not installed.

4.- Installing all Windows updates.
5.- Update BIOS

6.- Using safe mode, it works while staying on this mode, works every time as long the gpu drivers are not used.

My theory is that there is a problem in the refresh rate, when I use the monitor without amd drivers, in properties of the screen comes out that goes at 64 hz (no more options given), but when I install the driver, seeing from another minotor, comes it changes it to 59 hz (with 60, 59 and 50 as options but it won't let me change).

I have other HDMI monitors and they work fine.

Thank you for your help, I need it because it is my source of work.

giphy.gif

1 Solution
grimik
Journeyman III

Found the solution,
Open Radeon settings, then go to Display tab, on the monitor click Specs and go to the Override tab, disable HDCP and reboot.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
grimik
Journeyman III

Found the solution,
Open Radeon settings, then go to Display tab, on the monitor click Specs and go to the Override tab, disable HDCP and reboot.

Unfortunately that is happening is 2022 with a cintiq 16 and a RX 5600XT but there is no way to che udcp because the fraquint graphic card does not turns on the output and there is no monitor detected

0 Likes
huangtu
Journeyman III

thank you for this solution, this help me. 

I also have this type of problem , I don't use a huion Kamvas pro 12 but a xp-pen artist 12 pro ( https://www.xp-pen.com/product/479.html ) pen display monitor .

0 Likes