cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

glennin
Journeyman III

Rx 580, Crashes and signal lost

Alright I got a big problem with my SAPPHIRE Nitro + Radeon RX 580 Special Edition 8GB. The problem is when i play Insurgency Sandstorm, Wolfenstein II The New Colossus or XCOM 2 (have only tested them with the card) my pc crashes. 10 min in to the game then my both screens goes black with no signal and the speakers just makes a statik sound like if a audio card dies. After like 3 sec the sound dies but the screen is still black with no video signal. It only goes back to normal when I hit the re-boot button. Have the latest drivers for the card at this time (Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2).

Had a XFX RX 480 before that worked fine as melted butter on a toast and before you ask YES I did remove the rx 480 drivers before I installed the RX 580. The crashes only come when I play games, when I watch YouTube or on Twitter it works like a charm.

Any help will be awesome!

My specs:

CPU: AMD FX-6350 Six-Core

RAM: 16GB ddr 3 (1333mhz)

GPU: Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 580 8gb

PSU: Cooler Master 750w

Motherboard: ASUS m5a97 r2.0

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hardwood
Paragon

Looks like you have very similar system to  mine. Because of the multi monitor issue I'm still running 18.3.4, I have an ASUS 580 and an MSI 970 mobo and 700 watt PSU so, close.. Hover over my avatar.

In your situation I'd first set a restore point, then uninstall any Sapphire software and make sure the GPU doesn't get  Overclocked.

You are using both power connectors right?

If that doesn't help then use DDU to uinstall the new driver in safe mode, restart and replace it with 18.3.4 (I know it's flawless for me).

Does that help?

I don't have any of those games so I can't compare. I do have the older Wolfenstein:the new order and it didn't give any problems. I know.. not much help.

It's been a loooong time since I've had a game issue so there is hope for you.

p.s. and if you haven't already.. read this thread. RX 580 crashing problems

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

Looks like you have very similar system to  mine. Because of the multi monitor issue I'm still running 18.3.4, I have an ASUS 580 and an MSI 970 mobo and 700 watt PSU so, close.. Hover over my avatar.

In your situation I'd first set a restore point, then uninstall any Sapphire software and make sure the GPU doesn't get  Overclocked.

You are using both power connectors right?

If that doesn't help then use DDU to uinstall the new driver in safe mode, restart and replace it with 18.3.4 (I know it's flawless for me).

Does that help?

I don't have any of those games so I can't compare. I do have the older Wolfenstein:the new order and it didn't give any problems. I know.. not much help.

It's been a loooong time since I've had a game issue so there is hope for you.

p.s. and if you haven't already.. read this thread. RX 580 crashing problems

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

Thank you for your help mate, thought of the '' multi monitor issue '' and unpluged one of the monitors (had two online) and for some weird reason everything worked. Belive the reason is that I have some old monitors that needed some adapters to work and that might be the reason why it crashed.

But I am not sure, anyway everything workes now.

Wow that's a real head scratcher. Hard  to imagine your symptoms being a connected second monitor but stranger things....