cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kain_dp
Adept I

RX 580 freeze every 2 sec on latest drivers.

RX 580 freeze every 2 sec on latest drivers. But on 18.5.1 it works stable. I'm using 144hz monitor G27C2 with Free-Sync, DP cabel..

0 Likes
17 Replies

My system:

• MSI RX580 Armor 4gb
  • Desktop System
  • Windows 10 64bit (trying to reinstall)
  • Radeon Adrenalin 18.5.1
    • MSI G27C2 1920*1080 @144hz DisplayPort.
    • MSI Z77A-G43 Bios Version V2.13
    • Intel Core i5 3470
    • Chieftec TPS-600S (600w)
    • RAM 12gb

When i updating to latest ADRENALIN Edition drivers, on desktop, or in game the mouse look like:
    https://community.amd.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-2863219-133494/ezgif-1-c4f5a71d33.gif

0 Likes
    Hardwood
    Paragon

does this sound like you: AMD Radeon Software 18.5.1 freezes my computer every 5 seconds

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
    0 Likes

Not the same, because on driver 18.5.1 it's stable and not freezes.

0 Likes
    pax256
    Adept I

I was getting micro stutter in World of Tanks and it was fixed either because I set vsync/triple buffer in the games settings (I have a 60hz mon but game was running well into 100 fps) or due to me uninstalling all the Xbox apps with CCleaner. Either way it worked and the game is smooth as butter again on my RX 480. Thought  for the longest time it was a network issue... so glad I was able to fix this. I think it started after this fall's big windows 10 update.

I also play WoT, but the problem is completely different. The fact is that friezes appear everywhere immediately after installing any new driver different from 18,5,1. It's resulting in a mouse lag every 1-2 sec..((

0 Likes

If you are using a mouse controller other than the system default control, ie 'Logitech SetPoint'...disable it or update it.

0 Likes

Before reinstalling Windows, there was a driver for a4tech mouse, now I’m even too lazy to put drivers on a mouse, so I’m sitting on the default mouse drivers windows 10..

0 Likes

I'm using 18.9.3 and the same happens to me, but only when I switch my second monitor off.

I have two monitors, my main monitor connected via HDMI, and the second via DVI-D.

It might be related to a problem I'm having, that when the monitors are put to sleep after the screen switch off timeout in windows, the second monitor constantly disconnects and reconnects making the windows disconnect and reconnect sound. This can be remedied by switching the second monitor off when leaving the PC so that it doesn't at least make the reconnecting sounds, but when I go to use the PC and don't switch the second monitor back on, now the whole PC freezes up every 2 seconds, until I switch the second monitor back on again and the 2 second freezing problem goes away.

So it's 2 lots of workarounds.

Using Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ Special Edition 8GB, Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0, FX-8370, BenQ GL2760  (HDMI), Hannstar HH251D (DVI-D)

0 Likes
    kane12
    Adept I

I have exactly the same problem (notice that we have the same graphics card and the same monitor).

New Monitor Stuttering/Freezing - (MSI Optix G27C2) - [Solved] - Displays -> It seems that we aren't alone xD

My system:

• AMD Graphics Card
      • RX 580 8 GB
    • Desktop or Laptop System
      • Desktop
    • Operating System
      • Windows 10 64bit
    • Driver version installed (actually)
      • Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 18.5.1
    • Display Devices (only one)
      • MSI G27C2 27'' through DisplayPort
    • Motherboard + Bios Revision
      • Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming Wifi Bios Version F3
    • CPU
      • Intel i3 8350k
    • Power Supply Unit Make, Model & Wattage
      • NOX NX750 750 W
    • RAM
      • 16GB

It pleases me that I am not alone with this problem, but now we must, finally, get an official response from AMD, or go to green competitors).

0 Likes

If you are not happy with the response you get from other AMD users...ask AMD Online Service Request | AMD

0 Likes
    kain_dp
    Adept I

Now I have updated to the latest drivers (18,11,2), and the DisplayPort is still buggy, but on HDMI it works stably and without problems.

This is all very good, but I would like AMD to fix it, and everything worked on any cable.

0 Likes

I just found a solution to both of those problems (freezing mouse with 2nd display turned off and 2nd display being dis & reconnected once put to sleep) - I still had some Nvidia software installed and running, the NvidiaContainer.. 2 instances running, not sure what they were doing. I did the full safe mode driver cleaner too to remove them before installing the RX580 too.

It's also fixed a third bug.. I had briefly tried Eyefinity about a week ago (which screwed a lot up including the second monitor just staying always off until I found changing a windows display setting got it back on), and ever since, every time I turned my PC on, it defaulted to the Eyefinity massive combined desktop. But since removing every trace of Nvidia bloatware all the problems have been fixed. (one was a "Temp" file that I had to use CommandPrompt to assign the right ownership to remove), so it's worth checking to see if for some reason you have any Nvidia stuff on your system.

Still have the last (and first noticed) issue though - the memory frequency is pinned to 2100MHz on the GPU when using two monitors and the idle power consumption is 36W, when I read it should be more like 20W with 2 monitors..

0 Likes

billybob1 wrote:

Still have the last (and first noticed) issue though - the memory frequency is pinned to 2100MHz on the GPU when using two monitors and the idle power consumption is 36W, when I read it should be more like 20W with 2 monitors..

It's expected behaviour for memory speed to increase when you turn on the second monitor. Your 580 is OC'd as 2000 is default which might explain the higher wattage.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB
    0 Likes
    kane12
    Adept I

Have you tried to install the latest drivers (Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2)? If so, are they working with the DP cabel?

Yes, amd finally fixed this bug, and everything works fine through DP.