cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

oscarbcortes
Journeyman III

Drivers not working properly

Hi, I have a 15-aw002la HP notebook that works with an AMD Radeon R7 M340 and a AMD Radeon R5 Graphics cards. The problem I have is that whenever I try to enter to Radeon Settings an error message pops up that says that either I don't have a Radeon drivers or that my drivers aren't working properly

When I go into the Device Manager, the 2 graphic cards appear with a warning signal and this is what it says:

-For the R7 M340: PCI device  \VEN_1002&DEV6900&SUBSYS_81FE103C&REV_83\4&be242f6&0019 requires more instalation

-For the R5 Graphics: PCI device \VEN_1002&DEV9874&SUBSYS_81FE103C&REV_CA13&11583659&1&08 requires more instalation

I should mention that I recently formatted my notebook from zero, to factory settings.

I've already downloaded and used the ne Radeon Software Adrenaline 18.9.3 and I've already downloaded the "latest and recommended" drivers.

0 Likes
5 Replies
cwadenga
Journeyman III

I have the same laptop and have not been able to successfully get them to work, but for a moment. Restarting changed it to not working again. Tried doing the same thing, but still not working. I uninstalled R5 and R7 then went to install a recent driver. I then chose to uninstall what ever was installed (18.9.3, I think). It worked so I played some games. The next morning, which was this morning, it didn't work again. I've been trying for hours to do something different with nothing working so far.

0 Likes

Maybe your downloading the wrong driver, or you haven't taken the steps to prevent Microsoft from automatically installing drivers they think you should have.

You have a APU. Please read > Laptop graphics update...How to 

AMD Drivers and Support for Radeon, Radeon Pro, FirePro, APU, CPU, Ryzen, desktops, laptops 

This is the only driver you install:

Windows 10 Help Forums 

Windows 10 Help Forums 

0 Likes

Unfortunately when I go to:

https://www.amd.com/en/support/apu/amd-series-processors/amd-a10-series-apu-for-laptops/7th-gen-a10-...

I get the same version 19.1.1 that will sometimes successfully install, but leaves me without the option of using  the HDMI port for external display. I can't use the backlight dimmer either. When I try to open the Radeon Settings I get the window stating that I have no graphics driver installed.

0 Likes

It could say the same version number, but you have to use the version that is designed for your particular APU.

In Device Manager, any yellow marks?

Did you clean install it?

Did you prevent Microsoft from automatically changing/installing drivers?

Thank you for helping. The clean install worked. I still can't upgrade, but I can at least play my games again. Even if it has to be at the lowest settings, I can still play them. Thank you.

0 Likes