cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

schredr
Adept I

New RX 580, works fine unless I or system tries to restart pc

Just bought a new rx 580 and installed it. It booted up fine but whenever I restart my computer or windows or another program restarts it when updating, I get this on the screen (see pic). I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers but that hasn't done anything. I can't reboot into safe mode to use a 3rd party software to scrub old drivers because of this problem. Don't know what to do, please help!!

IMG-2887.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution
schredr
Adept I

I ended up just exchanging it at the store. The new one works great without any issue!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
schredr
Adept I

has anyone had this problem? is it a driver problem, a problem with the card?

0 Likes

When I see that I think only a couple possibilities. Either a power issue like your main Power Supply or the card itself has issues. If you know your have a quality power supply that exceeds the minimum settings, I would contact the cards maker for an RMA. If it is a retail card and you can still exchange it, I would.

You didn't really give any of your specs, what I said above is assuming you are on a up-to-date modern pc. If you are putting that card in a very old computer you may have some issues between it and the motherboard. You might also make sure your bios is up-to-date.

0 Likes

My psu should be sufficient, it’s 750 Corsair. The gpu also games just

fine, the issue only arises when I try to restart. My pc isn’t brand new by

any means, I’m running a fx8320 on a gigabyte ga-78lmt-usb3. I’ll look into

updating the bios, but it looks like a daunting task: “updating the BIOS

incorrectly can render your computer completely inoperable.”

Thanks for the reply

you shouldn't need worry about that, follow the instructions. Have a more experienced friend or pc repair service do it, if you are uncomfortable. You can probably find a tube video to walk you through it.

0 Likes
schredr
Adept I

I ended up just exchanging it at the store. The new one works great without any issue!

qwixt
Forerunner

Make sure fast boot in bios and fast startup in windows are disabled. Sometimes those options can mess up hardware on restarts.