cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

greg57
Journeyman III

Forza Horizon 3 requires older driver 18.5.1 to launch.

Forza Horizon 3 requires older drivers to launch.I noticed new drivers 18.10.2 (Windows10-Vega64) consume too much system memory just by launching the game,like 88% of 16GB system memory and by optimizing the game after first launch,it freezes at 78% progress.I was forced to use the older driver 18.5.1, which consumed only 33% of system memory to launch and get it working.Why is that? I've heard instead that,with every driver update we get performance increase by 5%...

My rig: M\B ASRock AB350M,CPU Ryzen7-1700,GPU Radeon Sapphire RX Vega 64,Soundcard Soundblaster Z,Ram 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3000MHz,PSU Corsair CX750M,SSD Samsung 850Evo 500GB,HDD WD 5TB,DVD RW Asus,OS Windows 10Pro En-64bit.

0 Likes
14 Replies
mebby72
Adept I

i have the SAME ISSUE!!!! at 78% forza horizon 3 freezes and game closes...16 gb of ram ussage! ...amd do something with ur drivers pls..the only driver i know it works is 18.5.2

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please could you try the new 18.12.2 Adrenalin driver and let me know if you still experience this issue?

0 Likes

Yes i already tried it and freezes on start again.See the screenshot be

0 Likes

Been trying all updates till 18.5.1 ,
The problem started with the driver update which had support for Forza Horizon 4 (18.9.3)
Any driver after that made FH3 crash to desktop and in background the game uses all of the ram with a gray window
Tried latest update 18.12.2 also which stated fixed FH3 crash
Tested with drivers prior to the 18.9.3
FH3 works for any driver upto 18.9.2 , starts crashing in 18.9.3 and above

I3 6100
ddr3 8GB RAM
Gigabyte gaming OC RX 560 4G

0 Likes
surunner
Adept I

You need to increase pagefile to 16 GB, for launch FH3 on newest drivers.

But yes, new drivers require more and more system memory for working this game: 18.50 series more than 18.10, 18.10 more than 17.50, etc.

0 Likes

Please leave the page file as Auto default and let me know if you still experience the issue.

0 Likes

I tried both, it doesn't work. Pls AMD do something to Play fh3 like before

0 Likes

I use 16gb of ram ddr4 3000MHz along with Ryzen7-1700 and Vega64.When

loading it consumes the entire ram and freezes on optimizing by 80% always.

Switching the pagefile to 16gb doesn't help either.

0 Likes

Not sure if it entirely AMD Driver fault.

At Horizon Forum many people are complaining about the same issue of all RAM being used: https://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst107309_Please-FIX-the-RAM-issue.aspx

At Nvidia Forum had same problem and needed to install any older Nvidia driver to fix RAM issue: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1075068/geforce-drivers/forza-horizon-3-4-memory-leak-is-ba...

Also at Reddit the RAM issue is called a MEMORY LEAKS by the game: https://www.reddit.com/r/forza/comments/8zmnma/memory_leak_in_forza_horizon_3/

Seems like the creators of Horizon 3 needs to patch the game to make it work with the latest AMD & Nvidia GPU Drivers and prevent massive Memory leaks by the game.

Just my opinion.

Thanks for this feedback.

0 Likes

I dont think so.. Why with 18.5.2 works like crazy and with another driver not? And I play at ultra graphics

Users with Nvidia GPU drivers are having the exact same problem. They also needed to install an older Nvidia driver to make the game work properly.

This indicates that the game itself is not compatible with the current AMD/Nvidia GPU Drivers when ONLY the older version works. Thus Horizon 3 & 4 and possibly 7 versions need to come up with a patch to make the game work again with the latest GPU drivers.

Strange, I have 12GB system memory + 18GB pagefile, and FH3 run perfectly fine with Radeon Software 18.9.2 and older. With 18.9.3 and newer game also launch, but performance is terrible.

0 Likes
changingsoda
Journeyman III

Problem came with the drivers which had support for FH4 , try drivers 18.7.2 and earlier FH3 will work , FH3 will stop working 18.7.3 and onwards

0 Likes