cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

kessler
Adept I

I am trying to install version 18.5.1 of AMd adrenalin but latest version keeps installing.

Hi all,

I installed the latest AMD drivers, version 18.12.2 yesterday and it immediately caused problems with my multiple display setup.  I have been using version 18.5.1 and had no problems until this.  So I figured I should reinstall the version 18.5.1 but every time I try to do this, the latest version keeps installing.  Is there a way I can stop this from happening?

Just to inform you, I have two powercolor Radeon RX580's 8GB and I run a total of 3 monitors 1 HDTV  and one projector.  I have 3 monitors connected to the displayports of one card and the projector and  HDTV connected to the other card.  I also have one smaller monitor that is connected to the onboard graphics of the motherboard, this because I had display problems initially too with the stable 18.5.1 but all was great once the monitor was connected to the onboard graphics.

My 3 monitors connected to the first card are done so by active VGA to displayport adaptors.

Since installing the latest driver version, I can only seem to run one card at once and so have lost half my setup.  I have tried various ways of swapping the connections around but I can either only get the projector and HDTV to work together or all monitors and HDTV but not the projector.  I have a flight simulator setup which is run from all this.

I hope someone is able to offer some help.  All this happened at the same time as some windows 10 updates go installed so it could well be those that have caused it, but I wanted to try reverting to the earlier drivers first.

Many thanks,

Rory

0 Likes
1 Solution

Yes...you have to prevent Microsoft from automatically upgrading/changing drivers automatically. There are several methods....depending on your version, ie. Home/ Pro/Enterprise etc. Follow the link to Windows10 Help Forum here > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Yes...you have to prevent Microsoft from automatically upgrading/changing drivers automatically. There are several methods....depending on your version, ie. Home/ Pro/Enterprise etc. Follow the link to Windows10 Help Forum here > Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

Thanks Kingfish, but I would still like to know how I can install the earlier version of AMD Radeon Adrenalin - I have a saved copy of the 18.5.1 but when I am trying to install it, it just installs the latest driver version. Disconnecting from the internet just throws up a message saying a connection is needed to do the install.

Cheers,

Rory

0 Likes

The internet is not required to install AMD drivers. The internet is required to download them.

After you have downloaded the driver (and DDU if necessary) you can disconnect.

Previous drivers:

Radeon™ RX 580 Drivers & Support | AMD

Also make sure when installing the Radeon Drivers that the check box to AUTO UPDATE THE DRIVERS is not checked.

I think that box actually reads something like Keep My Radeon Drivers Up-To-Date. On my Mac at work right now so can't verify.

0 Likes

Kingfish

I've just followed your links/advice to the letter and then installed again the latest driver update - I am a happy chap, you have helped me sort my problem out.  I am sooo grateful.

Thanks also for your input pokester.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas

Rory

Glad we could help Merry Christmas