cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rothnarge
Adept I

Adrenalin 2019 Edition 18.12.2 lag is back

Just installed 18.12.2 and had the same lag issues as past drivers. Had to reinstall 18.12.1.1 to fix.

System specs

i5-4570, 16gb ram. rx480

0 Likes
1 Solution
rothnarge
Adept I

I think I found my issue, it was the Intel 4600 driver that wasn't updated(I should just shut it off in BIOS). I had no lag for a bit with 18.12.1.1 but today it started again. After doing sfc scan and DISM scanhealth came up no issues did some more searching and found an off topic post suggestion that the intel chipset driver needed updating. I had just updated Win10 to the OCT update, my guess is that required a bunch of driver updates. I guess the one Windows installed is not the best(should have not missed this)

Hopefully this will help others

View solution in original post

9 Replies
mickverm
Adept I

I'm having the same issue, been having it ever since 18.6 on my RX480.

It's a random stutter that occurs about every 15 seconds.

0 Likes

Sounds like you installed the 'AMD User Experience program' when you installed the drivers. Disable it in the control panel.

0 Likes

Tried this didn't work for me.

0 Likes

That didn't work.

Disabling HDCP did the trick for me.

Are you using any active adapters or dongles on your display? Could you provide your full system/monitor specs please?

0 Likes

Please refer to the release notes for 18.12.2.

Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2019 Edition Release Notes | AMD

Known Issues

Some systems running multiple displays may experience mouse lag when at least one display is enabled but powered off.

0 Likes

Actually, I'm running only a single display.

Also, it's not mouse lag, it's just a complete screen freeze (around 1 second) which happens every 15-30 seconds.

As I previously stated, disabling HDCP fixed the issue for me.

0 Likes

Okay. Please could you attach a DXDIAG to your response and provide details on how you updated/installed the driver?

0 Likes
rothnarge
Adept I

I think I found my issue, it was the Intel 4600 driver that wasn't updated(I should just shut it off in BIOS). I had no lag for a bit with 18.12.1.1 but today it started again. After doing sfc scan and DISM scanhealth came up no issues did some more searching and found an off topic post suggestion that the intel chipset driver needed updating. I had just updated Win10 to the OCT update, my guess is that required a bunch of driver updates. I guess the one Windows installed is not the best(should have not missed this)

Hopefully this will help others