Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ucjohn
Journeyman III

2 X RX 480 Stuttering Issue

Hello,

I'm running the latest AMD Driver with my dual RX480's

I cannot run both my 2 x 27" 144hz AMD Freesync Monitors without lag and stuttering I turn off my one Monitor then everything works fine.

Can we get a fix or a resolution for this problem please cause right now that's a pretty pricey waste of a monitor...

Sincerely,

ucjohn

0 Likes
3 Replies

Crossfire and MULTI GPU are highly dependent on how the game supports them. You have not even said what game you are trying to play and in what DX mode 11 or 12 or  other? In general both Nvidia and AMD seem to be moving away from crossfire/sli support as DX12 and forward puts all of this support on the game developer and their engine alone. It has nothing to do with the GPU drivers and any optimization profiles for the games. Once you give some better information someone may be able to offer some better targeted help. In the future follow these guidelines for posting for best results. These are requested in the forum headers:

----------

When posting a new question, please provide as much detail as possible describing your issue making sure to include the relevant hardware and software configuration. 

For example:

• Issue Description: [Describe your issue in detail here]
  • Hardware: [Describe the make and model of your: Graphics Card, CPU, Motherboard, RAM, PSU, Display(s), etc.]
  • Software: [Describe version or release date of your: Operating System, Game/Application, Drivers, etc.]
0 Likes

• Issue Description: Cannot even scroll across windows 10 desktop without stuttering until I turn off my one monitor.
  • Hardware:
  1.   Motherboard: ASUS ROG Crosshair V-Forumula-Z
  2.   Ram: 32 GB DDR3 1600mhz
  3.   Processor: AMD FX-9590
  4.   GPU: 2 x MSI RX 480 Twin Forze Editions 8GB DDR5
  5.   PSU: Cougar 1050 Watt
  6.   SSD: 2 x 250GB  |  2 x 500GB  | 1 x 1TB
  7.   Monitors: MSI 27" Optix AMD Freesync   |  1 x ASUS 27" AMD Freesync Monitor
  • Software:
  1. Windows 10 (Latest Version)
  2. Not posting the 430 Games I own.. view half here: https://steamcommunity.com/id/ucjohn
  3. All drivers are current and up to date along with my AMD drivers.. If I uninstall my AMD drivers and revert all the way back to Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-17.12.2-Dec19

I have no issues running that older version of Radeon with Dual Cards and Monitors.. Install tha latest version and nothing but issues it's not Crossfire related etc.. It's really AMD software related.

Sincerely,

ucjohn

0 Likes

Okay you gotta a couple options to try without reverting to that old driver. One is disable HDCP. Many find that helps. Also many find that making sure they have the latest mouse driver also fixes this. Other than that it is a known issue, just a question of when and if they fix it.

0 Likes