Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

efreetcs
Newcomer

Radeon Pro WX7100 video (netflix) issue

Hello,

I have a problem with some video content in some conditions with my graphic card :

- Chrome + GPU enabled

- Netflix

- 10bits enable

- windows 10 (1803 / 1809)

- chrome latest version

- AMD drivers : 18.q3.x / 18.q4

- icc profile : v4 LUT black compensation

- Eizo CX271

(Computer formated and reinstalled multiple times)

The luminosity and colors are wrong in the shadows.
If I disable the GPU in Chrome, or if I put the drivers in 8bits, the video are displayed correctly.

Here are screenshot about the problem :

2018-12-10 (3).png

2018-12-10 (4).png

2018-12-10 (5).png

Netflix Serie : Sabrina s01e04

0 Likes
4 Replies
fsadough

I don't believe Chrome can support 4K 10bit. Currently MicroSoft Edge is the only web browser with 4K support to my knowledge.

Why You're Not Getting Netflix in HD or 4K, and How to Fix It | Digital Trends

0 Likes

I don't understand, it's not about 4K, and my screen is not 4K

0 Likes

I believe you are mistaking 10bit and HDR. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4h9usr/can_someone_explain_the_difference_between_a/

These are two completely different things. 10bit (aka Deep Color) is referring to color depth, the amount of distinct colors that can be displayed on screen.

HDR refers to dynamic range, the ability to display or capture details in the darkest and lightest part of an image simultaneously. Usually rated in "f-stops". The best LCD display is currently capable of 6 stops, while the human eye can distinguish 10-14 stops of dynamic range.

The fact that you have a 10bit monitor does not guarantee an HDR content to be displayed properly. If you do not see the right color on your monitor, this is not a driver issue. You might need to calibrate your monitor.  There are several ways to check if 10bit is working properly on your screen or not.

Contact Netflix for more info:

Can I stream Netflix in Dolby Vision or HDR10?

Can I stream in HDR on my Computer?

HDR streaming is available when connected to a HDR capable display on:

HDR streaming on Netflix is only supported on certain systems. Please visit the pages above for complete system requirements.

0 Likes

I don't know why you are talking about 4K, HDR, or whatever.

My problem is simple : When i enable "10 bits" in my AMD drivers, the image in Netflix on Chrome is corrupted.
When i disable "10 bits", image is ok.

That's all. I never had to talk about 4K or HDR etc it',s not about that.

My screen is 2k / non HDR / 10 bits capable / adobe98 space colors. (Eizo CX271)

But maybe chrome is not able to use 10bits, that's seems the problem, yes.

0 Likes