cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

mr_was24
Journeyman III

the video driver stopped responding and was successfully restored

recently, I quite often encounter the error "the video driver stopped responding and has been restored". This error sometimes appears when watching a video, but mostly it appears during Games.HP Pavilion 15-n008sr laptop. System specification:

Processor

Chip maker

AMD

Processor line

AMD A10

Processor model

A10-4655M

Number of processor cores

Four

Frequency

2 GHz

Automatic frequency increase

2.8 GHz

L2 Cache

4 MB

Processor architecture

Piledriver

RAM

Type of RAM

DDR3

Memory frequency

1600 MHz

The amount of RAM

8 GB

Number of memory slots

Two

Maximum installed memory

8 GB

Graphics accelerator

Type of graphics accelerator

selectable and built-in

The manufacturer of the chip

AMD

Discrete graphics card model

Radeon HD 8670M

Video memory type

DDR3

The amount of video memory

2 GB

Built-in video card model

Radeon HD 7620G

CrossFire / SLI array

No

Futuremark video card performance index

One thousand five hundred eighty

Data storage

Total size of hard disk drives (HDD)

1 TB

0 Likes
10 Replies
kennit
Journeyman III

It happens the same to me. I have a ryzen 1300x with a rx 570 and the graphics driver resets from time to time

0 Likes

I have already tried all the methods that are shown on the Internet, but no help to fix the error,the old drivers for my graphics card I have not found anywhere...

0 Likes

I downloaded the drivers from the official HP website,but those drivers also did not help me

0 Likes

I have tried many methods, but the error is not gone. It does not appear in all games. I quietly play CS: GO and Warface,but in the game Allods Online this error appears constantly !1.png

0 Likes

This method I tried several times, does not help

0 Likes

This website gives some good advice on fixing the error you have. You probably have done most of them. Fix: Display Driver Stopped Responding and has Recovered - Appuals.com (Don''t download their recommended software to fix the computer. it is a scam).

Both Microsoft (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2665946/display-driver-stopped-responding-and-has-recovered... and Appuals website mentions about disabling or changing Windows programs running in the background or configuring Windows Adjust Visual Effects in Control Panel to be configured to "ADJUST TO BEST PERFORMANCE".  This will relieve some of the GPU Strain.

Also since you have a laptop, Appuals mentioned that Overheating can cause the error. So you need to make sure your Laptop vents and fan are clean and working correctly for the best cooling possible.

the error "the video driver stopped responding and was stopped" does not appear, but now the laptop after 10 minutes of the game restarts with a blue screen

0 Likes
yello
Journeyman III

After thousands of attempts, I think I've found a solution.

Not exactly an absolute solution, but more likely a stable workaround.

I must premise that consequently to this error, I discovered I had RAM badly configured. Like other people with this error, I've got two modules of cmk16gx4m2b3000c15. This module is nominal 3000 Mhz, but it worked on around 2000. I raised this value to 3000 Mhz through BIOS and the computer totally stopped working! I could not access even into the BIOS. I had a red light on CPU on my MOBO leds. However, updating the bios, I solved this first problem.

As regards the display driver error, I solved the issue lowering GPU maximum frequency. 

Like you wanted to overclock your graphic card, you must access your card deep settings and slightly (SLIGHTLY) lower GPU max working frequency and slightly (SLIGHTLY) increase max voltage - actually, this is an underclock.

In my specific case - I've got an AMD RX 570. You must open the Radeon Software and go to PERFORMANCE > TUNING > TUNING CONTROL (=Manual) > GPU Tuning (=Enabled) > Advanced Control (=Enabled) and Voltage (=Enabled). I moved the State 6 and State 7 value to 1300 (it was 1326 and 1360) and raised the State 7 voltage to 1160 (it was 1150). I had this problem with specific games, so I created a specific profile for these games with the above-mentioned settings. After applying these settings, my games stopped crashing at all, even after very stressful tests, with every graphic setting maxed out.

Sorry for my bad English, I hope this solution I've finally discovered will help someone else in my situation - I lived like an entire year with those random, weird crashes. If you decide to adopt this solution, I suggest you to modify frequency and voltage value by the smaller quantity you can, a little bit at a time, and always test your settings before increase that value; even minimal modifications of these parameters may affect your system stability. Also remember to apply changes after every modification.

0 Likes