cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

yoshibros088
Journeyman III

When I upgrade to the latest graphics drivers, how come a game I play have missing and broken particle effects?

• AMD Graphics Card
    • AMD Radeon RX 580
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Cyberpower PC
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Software Adrenaline Edition 18.12.1
  • Display Devices
    • Omen by HP 25, HDMI
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • ???
  • CPU/APU
    • AMD Ryzen 5 1400 Quad-Core Processor 3.20 GHz
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • ???
  • RAM
    • Amount of memory installed 16 GB

The game that has the problem is fortnite.

Settings:

View Distance: epic

Shadows: off

Anti-Aliasing: off

Textures: medium

Effects: medium

Post Processing: high

V-sync: off

The particle effects on certain things are broken because they show up but glitch out. Also some of the particles don't even show up at all. I have been having this problem ever since. Is there a fix to this???

0 Likes
1 Reply

I can't offer much more than a personal opinion on this based on minor personal experience and a ton of what my son says. I play AMD and he has Nvidia. He complains about issues with this game all time. I see issues as you mention quite a bit in this game. The consensus from numerous forums and reviews I have read since this game came out is that Epic apparently does a worse job optimizing their own game engine than nearly any other developer that utilizes this engine. I have even read it said that this was partially why they went to the current driver royalty model they did as they are allowed to return optimization 3rd parties make  back to their engine.  If this was a driver issue alone it would exhibit itself in most if not all UE3 or UE4 engine games and fact is that most play nearly flawlessly. So again, and I don't speak for AMD, I think this can only be an issue with Epic's game. It is beyond my when you have a just a flat out juggernaut of a game on their hands that they don't do better. Plus if it were not an issue in their camp I am sure they would be demanding Nvidia and AMD fix this. This would be news that makes most hardware sites on the net and that is not the case. I highly recommend you bing your concerns to AMD in an issue report. The link is in Radeon Settings / Preference. These forums are USER TO USER ONLY. I would also let EPIC support know.

0 Likes