cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

facebook ads selling 2tb usb, sure sure

"wish" is spams facebook all the time and today's scam is a 2TB USB stick

only 1 known, made by Kingston and it's a big heavy stick with a lot of chips inside

so the fake is being sold to the gullible who fall for such scams

I have reported them several times and they must be making money with the scam

0 Likes
4 Replies

That why when I purchase 10 of those suckers it only held 2 gigabytes of data.

Surprised they don't sell it in the biggest website for selling "fake" products - Ebay.com

0 Likes

elstaci wrote:

That why when I purchase 10 of those suckers it only held 2 gigabytes of data.

Surprised they don't sell it in the biggest website for selling "fake" products - Ebay.com

don't forget amazon and alibaba etc

0 Likes

Yeah, it is fairly widespread.

Amazon at least tries to stop anyone that sells fake products if enough customers complain. Unfortunately, Amazon Marketplace is different. There anyone can sell you a fake GPU card, as an example, and it will be you against the seller since really Amazon has no control over what Marketplace sellers sale.

Asian ebay type websites like DHGate also sells many "fake" products.

I remember I was thinking about purchasing a 64 or 128 gbyte Flash drive. I noticed how extremely expensive they were from the manufacturer's site. This was when the largest Flash drive being sold was around 32 gbytes. Went to ebay.com and saw many 64 and 128 gbyte Flash drives being sold really cheap. Decided to google about fake Flash drives and found out most were sold from Ebay.

It describes how the person or company selling the fake Flash Drives alters the Flash drives to reflect the wrong amount of Memory storage. Another words, they take a 2 gbyte Flash drive and change the coding so that when you plug it in, it will show 64 gigabyte Flash drive. But when you try to copy files that are more than 2 gbytes you will get a Windows error saying not enough space to copy.

So, you paid for 64 gbtye Flash drive that is no bigger than a 2 gbyte Flash drive.  The Company or person makes out literally like a bandit in the amount of profit they earned selling you a 2 gbtyes Flash Drive as a more expensive fake 64 gbyte Flash drive.

0 Likes

I pulled some strings over in China who also have consumer protection laws and I heard several arrests were made

probably the reason now that eBay also now has removed and blackballed all the fake flash sellers, fake RAM sellers and so on

hardly any crap on eBay now

I but cheap phone cables etc and they all work

0 Likes