cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

eisblumen
Journeyman III

R9 390 8gb - updates always fails

Hi! I have an AMD R9 390 8gb and all the time I'm having problems with updates. When a new update is ready and I try to install it, after the installation an error appears, with code "1603". When that happens, the AMD program in my PC dissapears, I cant run it or something, so I have to uninstall it from Control pannel and re-install it from AMD web. But this is ALWAYS happening, in every update, and I dont know why...

Please, some help would be nice ^^ And sorry if my English is not perfect :'). Thank u!

0 Likes
1 Solution
shadow07
Adept III

Use AMD cleanup utility followed by DDU[Safe Mode Only] to uninstall the Driver first, make sure to disable Wired/Wireless internet prior to uninstall Driver!!! Now you can install new Driver.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
shadow07
Adept III

Use AMD cleanup utility followed by DDU[Safe Mode Only] to uninstall the Driver first, make sure to disable Wired/Wireless internet prior to uninstall Driver!!! Now you can install new Driver.

Hi! Thank you for it. If you can, can u explain me that with more details? I dont know where I can download that AMD utility or what is DDU. Thanks!

0 Likes

A google search for DDU will help you find the tool mentioned.

0 Likes

It is called DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) from Wagnardsoft_com. It comes with a readme file that explains it's usage. I highly recomend it's usage. The AMD cleanup utility if used takes an absolute brute force approach by removing everything AMD related including drivers for anything AMD related in your computer. Not just graphics so use with caution if you choose this approach. While this can be necessary, it most often is not and DDU does the trick alone and only remove the graphics driver and related registry entries. So I would highly recommend to just do DDU from safe mode. You will then want to disconnect from the internet, reboot and install the graphics driver of your choice. This is explained in the DDU instructions. The safe mode and no internet are crucial.

0 Likes
eisblumen
Journeyman III

Thank you for all the support! I only used AMD cleanup utility and it worked. I could install the driver update without problems. The same day a blue screen appeared with this error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. It only appeared one time, but I readed on internet that it could be because of new drivers.

0 Likes