Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

greyfang
Adept I

Ryzen Master does not start properly

Hi,

I am unable to get Ryzen Master to work at all.

Previously, I had a Ryzen 1700x installed and an old version of Ryzen Master running without problems.

I upgraded the CPU to a 2700x and the first thing that happened was that Ryzen Master told me that it was not compatible with that processor.

No problem ... I downloaded the newest version and installed it.

Now, when I start Ryzen Master, it shows me the outline of where a window would be (it is transparent, so I do not know what the contents would be) and then it just disappears, without ever starting Ryzen Master properly.

I updated the Chip drivers and the BIOS to the latest versions.

Sort of at a loss as to what to do now. I do want to set the clockspeed to a constant 4100 Mhz.

My setup:

• Asus MB 370x-Pro / 32 GB RAM / 2 x 1 TB SSD / Win10 Pro 64bit (latest update) / Ryzen 7 2700x

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Greyfang

0 Likes
1 Solution
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

We have released an updated version of Ryzen Master Tool to address this issue, you can download it here.

View solution in original post

106 Replies

Did you reinstall Windows when you changed CPUs?

0 Likes

No, I did NOT reinstall Windows ... just changed the CPU ... everything else seems to work fine.

0 Likes

Hello,
I got the same problem. But I installed windows fresh. I'm using a Ryzen 5 2600 / x470 Asus Rog Strix F-Gaming / 32 GB DDR 4 Corsair / 500GB SSD Win 10 64 Bit / Rx 580 Nitro+ 8gb.
I updated the bios and installed all drivers. Everything works fine except Ryzen Master. It just starts until i can see a blurry window and then nothing else happens. At first start it stated some problems with Visual Studios Redistributables 2015 (C++). I deinstalled it and afterwards the Ryzen Master installed the Visual Studio stuff but the same problem still occured. I would appreciate some help too.

Kind regards.
Cosmou

0 Likes

any error messages pop up when you try to run Ryzen Master?

Check Event Viewer and see if what errors shows up for Ryzen Master?

Save a copy of DXDIAG.txt and take a look at the very bottom of the file for "Diagnosis" and see if Ryzen Master files are showing as having problems.

Try running Microsoft Install/Uninstall Troubleshooter. I attached it to this post. just click on it to download and then run it.

0 Likes

Thank you for your feedback / input.

The Event Viewer shows errors for Ryzen Master (unfortunately in German) ...

Fehlerbucket 2301847722147529122, Typ 4

Ereignisname: APPCRASH

Antwort: Nicht verfügbar

CAB-Datei-ID: 0

Problemsignatur:

P1: AMD Ryzen Master.exe

P2: 1.5.1.862

P3: 5bfb8e2c

P4: StackHash_1f88

P5: 10.0.17134.376

P6: 60d78cf9

P7: c0000374

P8: PCH_59_FROM_ntdll+0x000000000009AA54

P9:

P10:

Angefügte Dateien:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER99DE.tmp.dmp

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A5C.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A6C.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A6C.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A8C.tmp.txt

Diese Dateien befinden sich möglicherweise hier:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_AMD Ryzen Master_2461acaa3df090f4ca52e7f9a0e5b6c492e068eb_11888a7c_1fcba085

Analysesymbol:

Es wird erneut nach einer Lösung gesucht: 0

Berichts-ID: cd677f5c-1953-43bb-adb8-aaa04b41876e

Berichtstatus: 268435456

Bucket mit Hash: 38da41585cf01d724ff1ce4ebda541a2

CAB-Datei-Guid: 0

And the dxdiag.txt shows the same information (apparently, every time I run Ryzen Master, it adds a record to the DXDIAG).

The Microsoft Tool showed no "errors".

And there are no errors being displayed when I try to run Ryzen Master ... very frustrating, the whole thing ...

strikeur
Adept II

Hello guys !

I just tested with the old Ryzen Master (1.4.0.0728) and this one works perfectly !

But I can confirm that the new version (1.5.1.0862) does not work for me either.

I hope I've helped you guys.

Hello strikeur!
Thank you for your help and this very valuable advice. It worked for me. I tried to update the Ryzen Master 1.4.0.0728 via "check for updates". But after that the same problem occured. So I'll have to stick with the older version for now. Still I hope that this will get fixed. Does someone of you know if the Precision Boost Overdrive is available for Ryzen 2600 with the new Ryzen Master 1.5.1.0862?

0 Likes

Unfortunately, the old version doesn't work with the 2700x ... the program just says that it does not recognize the processor ...

0 Likes
ceollach
Adept I

I have the same problem with Ryzen Master not starting. Just running slightly different hardware:

• X470 Aorus Ultra Gaming / 16 GB RAM / 1 x 500 GB SSD / Win10 Home 64bit (latest update) / Ryzen 7 2700x
0 Likes

Hi,

did you upgrade the CPU to the 2700x or is it a new system that was put together?

0 Likes

A completely new system I put together 2 days ago.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Hi Folks, apprecaite your bringing this to my attention.

Please could you provide a screenshot of any error message or window you see? In addition, could you also inlcude details of what happens what you try to update or install?

For example, did you update through Ryzen Master Tool (RMT) auto update, or did you download the latest version from our website?

What language is your Ryzen Master Tool using?

This information will be useful to pass onto the RMT team.

0 Likes

I downloaded Ryzen Master from your website since is a completely new system I just build from scratch. I had no error messages or anything like that during installation.

My system is set to German as language. You can find my Dxdiag and app crash report as attachments.

When I try to start Ryzen Master, I only get this transparent window for a few seconds, you can see in the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxPuHRqB-rg&feature=youtu.be

same problem do you have it resolved ???

0 Likes

adeafe8329504a60c49e2b2bd81f7fbc.png

this pops up when i try to open it, the windows is fresh installed , i tryed to reinstall but nothing , to set the bios to defauld but nothing else im so frustating XD

0 Likes

Hi AMDMATT,

I get no error message when I start Ryzen Master ... it shows the outlines of a window (transparent, looks like a rectangular piece of glas), the cursor goes into its round spinning form and then after a few seconds, the outlined windows goes away. And that's that.

Same as CEOLLACH described ... I also have my system set to German.

After I received the message (with 1.4) that it did not recognize my CPU, I downloaded version 1.51 and started the install routine. It then tried to upgrade the old version. After it did not run, I uninstalled it and reinstalled it from scratch (even rebooting the system between steps).

0 Likes

I got my PC only today and I have the exact same problem. Transparent window closing down after a view sconds with no other reaction. I also got my system set to german. I am using a Threadripper 2990, so it seems to be a problem also with threadripper.

0 Likes
delano
Adept I

AMD Ryzen Master Utility Download v1.5.0.0728  try to instal a older version for my works fine now 100% i had the same problem

Yes ... I can confirm ... that "old" version works fine !

But it shows "1.4.0.0728" as the version number

Thank you delano

RyzenMaster01.JPG

I got my Ryzen 5 2600 yesterday and I've got the same issue when trying to start Ryzen Master.

0 Likes
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

For folks seeing this issue, please can you provide the language you are using in Windows? So far we have two mentions of users using German language from CEOLLACH and Andreas.

Appreciate it.

0 Likes

okey i just  see that the problem is the lenguaje on my other system whit english lenguaje no problem but whit my spanish systeam y need to install an older version

Hello guys!

I have the same issue.

Bought Asus X470 Prime with 5 2600X - Ryzen Master won't start only the outline appears and disappears again.

I also have the German systemlanguage (Austria).

After installing the older version mentioned from Delano it worked

Ryzenmaster_vers1400728.PNG

0 Likes

Russian win10x64. 1.4 works fine, 1.5 popup and close.

I have the same problem. Newly built computer, fresh install of Windows 10, Ryzen Master does not start.

My Windows install is in French.

0 Likes

Same problem here. It pops up and closes itself immediately. Windows is set to German and i have a Ryzen 5 2600.

Having the same exact problem using WIndows 10 Pro (1809) Deutsch (German). The older version works but I want the new DLM (Dynamic Local Mode), for my new CPU. I do see that the DLM services is started in the Task Manager, but like others, The Master Software just shows a transparent window for a few seconds and then  "Poof"  it is gone. I am doing a light Overclock in BIOS but would like to explore the settings of the AMD Ryzen Master Software.

System Specs:

CPU:                                                  AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2970WX 3,0 GHz (Pinnacle Ridge) Sockel TR4

CPU Cooling:                                     be quiet! Silent Loop - 360mm

Mainboard:                                         ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme, AMD X399 Mainboard - Sockel TR4

GPU:                                                  2 x INNO3D GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC X3, 11264 MB GDDR6 in SLI (NVLink)

RAM:                                                  G.Skill Trident Z RGB Series schwarz, DDR4-3600, CL 16 - 32 GB Quad-Kit running at 3000Mhz

BOOT Disk/Storage:                         SSD 2TB 2.5/3.5G 970 EVO PCIe M.2 SAM

Monitor:                                              Asus 34 L PG348Q ROG 3440 x 1440 G-Sync

Keyboard 1:                                       Corsair K70 RGB MK.2

Keyboard 2:                                       Razer Orbweaver Chroma Game Keypad

Mouse:                                               ASUS ROG Spatha Gaming Maus

Power Supply:                                   1700 Watt Enermax Platimax Modular 80+

Case:                                                 Cooler Master Cosmos II RC-1200-KKN1 Big-Tower

0 Likes

The same issue, My system language is spanish.

0 Likes

use this version  AMD Ryzen Master Utility Download v1.5.0.0728  i have spanish version too but dowgrade to an older version, now it works fine for my , until AMD fix the problem

0 Likes

Thanks man, this version works for me

0 Likes

Same problem. New PC. Language:Russian

0 Likes
pocketmoon
Adept I

reposting here as I've been directed to use this thread.

I can't install latest Ryzen Master and I believe it's the same underlying issue (Qt)

If I break down the install process the step that fails is this :

C:\AMD\RyzenMasterExtract\MSIFiles\Qt_Dependancies\Setup.exe

The crash report uploaded by Ceollach shows the failing dll to be Qt5Core.dll

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Rob

Thank you folks, i am passing this feedback onto engineering and we're investigating. Please continue to use an older version for now.

0 Likes
j-c
Journeyman III

Hello,

i have exactly the same problem with my new setup, and i have windows in french

0 Likes
gazell0r
Journeyman III

Same problem here. Ryzen 2700X on x470 board with German Windows 10 64 Bit. Wont start. Only thing i get is the transparent screen and then the programm exits.

0 Likes
zeus
Journeyman III

Same here just build a new system everything runs fine except Ryzen Master it starts, shows transparent window and closes down without an error message.

System:

Win10 pro 64Bit (latest drivers and updates)

language: German

Ryzen 7 2700x

MSI B450M Mortar

11GB EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3

Corsair CMW32GX4M2C3000C15W Vengeance RGB PRO

Samsung 970 EVO 500 GB

Samsung 860 EVO 500 GB

WD RED WD40EFRX 4TB

be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W

fab4real
Journeyman III

Exact same problem here.

French windows pro 64 bit, new pc build, last windows version.

with x470 msi carbon pro.

0 Likes
daboh
Adept I

Exact same problem here. Is there any beta version we can try?

michaelkaplan
Journeyman III

Same here

Can't start ryzen master.

Transparent window opens and closes right after.

system : msi meg x399 creation - threadripper 2990wx - windows 10 french

0 Likes