cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

How to install the support bracket for the Radeon Pro WX 8200? (Same as WX 9100)

Hello!

I have a WX 8200 (same hardware package as WX 9100) that I've installed in my system (TR 2990WX on MSI X399 SLI PLUS). There is no manual or useful installation instructions in the box. The motherboard has metal reinforced PCIe slots, but I'm concerned about long term sag, as it's a very heavy card. There are a couple brackets that look to used to support the card, but I have no idea how to install them. Anyone have an idea or pics of the GPU installed properly with the brackets?

The brackets are in the bottom left of this photo: https://egpu.io/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/radeon-pro-wx-9100-unbox-accessories.jpg

Help is much appreciated!

1 Reply
thomastthai
Adept I

I've tried positioning both brackets around the WX 9100. The only position it make sense is for the cutout in the bracket to fit where the power cables go into the WX 9100. The screw holes in the bracket ALMOST line up with the holes on the back of the card. The way the bigger bracket has the "handle" attachment screwed it, it wouldn't allow the thickness of the card to fit flush.

For a $1500+ GPU card, the documentation leaves a lot to be desired.

P.S. There is no mention of what the top black port is for either.

0 Likes