cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cixert
Journeyman III

Is it possible to install an Ati-AMD PCI-e card in a computer with integrated Ati?

I have an Asus server with integrated graphics card.
I have tried to install a PCI-e card with Ati Radeon x-300 chip in Windows. The system boots perfectly but when I install the Ati Radeon x-300 drivers, the drivers of the integrated Ati ES1000 card are also updated incorrectly, so when restarting, a blue screen is produced.
Then I have to start in safe mode and disable the integrated card in the device manager.
If I remove the PCI-e card, Windows keeps giving blue screen until I uninstall in safe mode the badly updated drivers of the integrated card.
Is there a solution so that the drivers of the integrated card are not updated incorrectly?
Is there another Ati-AMD card with which I do not have this driver incompatibility?
If I install an Nvidia card I do not have this problem.

0 Likes
3 Replies

That is highly antiquated and unsupported hardware. Are you sure the video card is in working order?

0 Likes

The card works perfectly.
If I buy a new card will I have the same conflict with the internal card drivers?

0 Likes

If the rest of your system is of the same age as the X300, 14 years, you need to seriously consider upgrading to a new system unless it is absolutely imperative you use that old hardware. New cards are too advanced for that system.

0 Likes