cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

waldemar08
Adept II

Screen loses connection when watching video after driver update. AMD fury series 9

Hi, since a few weeks back, two or three I get this annoying error. I watch a video player, it can be one steam, twitch, youtube or netflix wherever. The screen freezez and then it unfreezes

and I get this notification "default radeon wattman settings have been restored due to unexpected system failure" picture here https://i.imgur.com/TqNXnyT.jpg?1

The issue is if I persist trying to watch the video my screen freezes and then goes black. My monitors say they dont get any signals. I have to restart the pc. It always happens like that, after I turn on my PC it can happen once without causing my screens to lose signal but the second time it will go black.

I can prevent this error from causing a black screen by spaming ctrl alt del whenever I notice it starts freezing, that way I can prolong the error to get it to happen 4 5 times before I have to restart. Sometimes I can watch videos without any problem. It seems if I play a game while watching netflix or youtube, nothing will happen.

I can't recall what driver I had before but I tried rolling back to the 18.9.3 but it doesn't work, and the newest one didn't work either. 18.11 or any of the sort. I have 18.12.1 atm and it's not working.

• It's not my cable
  • It started happening the moment I updated my driver so it's unlikely to be something other than the driver
  • It's not my monitor, I have two, both have issues.
  • I have a really good PSU.

I have AMD fury series 9

0 Likes
2 Replies
shadow07
Adept III

Clean install OS then install driver to see if it's work, try different Card or reseat the Card and chk Pci-e Cable to make sure properly connected also make sure Monitor Cable in to both sides connected properly.

0 Likes

Report the issue to AMD, the link is in Radeon Settings, preferences. Return to a driver that worked or You may also try and keep the current driver and disable hardware acceleration in the browser you are using. Then try and enable it again on the next driver release.

0 Likes