cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

theacclaimed
Miniboss

18.12.1 released does anyone know if it works with Crossfire?

I am currently running an RX Vega 64 crossfire setup on 18.10.2. I was unable to upgrade to 18.11.2 since it results in a BSOD while installing. Even if I manage to install it with only one GPU installed, if I then install the 2nd GPU the system will be very unstable and I cannot play games in crossfire using the 18.11.2 drivers. I had to revert back to 18.10.2 for crossfire to work.

Does anyone from AMD know if 18.12.1 resolved those Crossfire issues? The release notes don't mention any bug fixes.

0 Likes
4 Replies
kingzak34
Journeyman III

Doesn't work here, crash as soon as Crossfire is running, when starting a game or after disable/enable

Last that worked for me was 18.11.1

0 Likes

Good to know. I was about to try the update.

Here is a good video that shows crossfire working on 18.10.2 and some of the most visible issues with Radeon drivers which I believe AMD should investigate since the issues observed in the video are not specific to crossfire, rather they are general issues, one with memory clock speed on 144hz, the other is a severe freesync bug shown toward the end of the video.

Exploring AMD's Radeon RX Vega 64 Crossfire - YouTube

Here is the GPU Memory clock stuck at max when using 144hz multimonitors [time stamp at 2:55]

Here is the Freesync bug (when playing DX11 game, browser video will stutter severely with freesync enabled) [time stamp at 11:56]

Hopefully someone from AMD can look at this since I've reported both of these bugs to them months ago. The memory clock bug they fixed in 18.11.2 is a different bug that has nothing to do with high refresh rate. This is a bug that has existed for far longer.

The 2nd bug shown in the video definitely needs to be addressed since it has existed since the Windows 10 Spring 2018 April update and it completely defeats the benefit of freesync, turning the feature into a negative rather than a positive.

0 Likes
kingzak34
Journeyman III

Actually 18.12.2 is not that bad for crossfire, you should test it, it works pretty OK for me. Not fully OK (Disable/Enable Crossfire crash the PC) but overall not as bad as before.

0 Likes

I tried it. It works but will randomly BSOD the computer while playing FFXIV. I can't manage to play the game for more than an hour before it crashes. This is especially true if trying to watch a youtube video simultaneously on the 2nd monitor.

0 Likes