cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

grsychckn
Journeyman III

WX9100 Won't install gaming drivers

WX9100 here, specs below.  I've had it for a while and have been quite happy with it but I use it for Solidworks and gaming.  The problem is that I'd like to be able to use the latest gaming drivers when I decide to play Battlefield V, but I've had a problem for a long time where I can't install the gaming drivers.  This problem followed the card when I moved it from my old workstation to my new one (new specs below).  I have tried re-installing Windows, and  used the AMD cleaning utility.  I do not have this problem with my Radeon Vega Frontier Edition.

What I do:

After installing the latest (18.Q4) pro drivers, I open up the settings menu and click "Driver Options" then "Check for Drivers".  I then see the 18.9.3 Gaming Drivers appear.  If I click "Install", it begins the installation process and within a minute or two my video signal is lost and the fans spin up.  I have done this several times and waited up to an hour before turning off the computer and turning it back on.  When it comes back up the video displays but I still have no gaming drivers installed.  Any help is appreciated.

Specs:

Ryzen 7 2700X

ASRock B350 mITX motherboard

16GB (2x8GB) G.Skill 3600 RAM

Toshiba XG3 512GB m.2

2 x Sandisk Plus 1TB 2.5" SATA drives in RAID 1

Vega WX9100

Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

My old machine where this also happened:

i7-3930k

ASRock X79 Extreme6

16GB (4x4GB 2133 DDR3)

256GB Samsung 850 SSD

Windows 10 Professional 64-bit

Edit 1: Let me add that I can play games for hours and use Solidworks just fine with the professional drivers so I find it odd that the gaming drivers won't install.

0 Likes
1 Reply

The only major difference is one had an Intel Motherboard/CPU and the new system has a Ryzen Motherboard/CPU.

Anyway, Here is AMD instructions on installing Professional GPU Drivers: How to Install Radeon Pro Software on a Windows Based System | AMD

Most likely you have already followed this method, but just in case you missed something.

Here is AMD latest Release notes for the driver you downloaded.AMD Radeon Pro Software for Enterprise 18.Q4 for AMD Remote Workstation Release Notes | AMD

0 Likes