cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

romans
Adept I

AMD Radeon™ Pro Vega 20 and Radeon™ Pro Vega 16 graphics driver for Windows (BootCamp) available?

Hello,

are there drivers for windows (10) available already? I need these for a BootCamp environment on the current MacBook Pro with AMD Radeon™ Pro Vega 20 and Radeon™ Pro Vega 16 graphics.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Drivers for Bootcamp are supplied and supported by APPLE. Some drivers may be available on the AMD site as a courtesy but are no different or newer than those on the APPLE site. The APPLE site typically has any newer drivers available before you see them any place else. All drivers for APPLE products are supported by APPLE even the Windows drivers.

Boot Camp - Official Apple Support

unofficial this guy claims to have better drivers.

BootCampDrivers.com: Turbo-charged AMD graphics drivers for Mac BootCamp users.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Drivers for Bootcamp are supplied and supported by APPLE. Some drivers may be available on the AMD site as a courtesy but are no different or newer than those on the APPLE site. The APPLE site typically has any newer drivers available before you see them any place else. All drivers for APPLE products are supported by APPLE even the Windows drivers.

Boot Camp - Official Apple Support

unofficial this guy claims to have better drivers.

BootCampDrivers.com: Turbo-charged AMD graphics drivers for Mac BootCamp users.

Thanks for the information.

I've installed the BootCamp System again and voila, the drivers are here. New AMD-drivers from Apple. As new as you will not find these on the official driver-download portal....

GREAT! Now it is working like the unleashed beast.

0 Likes

Radeon Pro Vega 20_03.JPG

0 Likes

The official driver for Vega 16 & 20 appears to have a versioning number of 17.12. So this driver is technically already a year out of date it seems.

0 Likes

That is great to hear! I know there have been some unhappy Apple users for a while now. Thanks for the share!

fizzle
Journeyman III

Hi, I understand this is an old thread but I am having the below issue.

I've installed Parallels to run windows 10 on my Macbook 2018, Vega 20 GPU.

When running games, I'm getting graphics issues and some games won't open(please see attached) leading me to believe its a GPU issue.

I've tried using the following link to download and install drivers within windows 10;https://www.amd.com/en/support.

But it can't find my GPU?

I've contacted Parallels on another forum for help and also thought best to see if this thread could help.

Troubleshooting: 

- Turned the switch capability of so the Vega 20 GPU is the only one running

- Restarted multiple times after a supposed solution.

- The game runs on Mac without graphics issues(but is not optimised as it's not running on windows) leads me to believe there is an issue with the windows 10 connection to the GPU.

Any ideas? Is there a way to get the driver installed on the Mac first or get the specific driver installed?

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 11.07.15 am.png

Screen Shot 2019-04-07 at 11.08.05 am.png

0 Likes

As you saw this thread was concerning BootCamp. Which allows you to run native Windows on a separate partition on a Mac. You are running a virtual machine meaning emulated software graphics. Games require direct access to the GPU through the Driver. With the emulation in Parallels that isn't going to happen. So not surprised it isn't working. Parallels is for running things like office apps. Not games that require direct hardware access. There just isn't anyway to convert the graphics code as Mac doesn't have Direct X.  Install your Windows in a BootCamp partition on your mac and you should have better luck. Just know that Boot Camp drivers are not always the best nor up to date in many cases. Apple doesn't really care if you can run your PC games on your mac.