cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jonek2k3
Adept I

vega 64 1 green light on gputach and black screen

hi. i know this question was asked before but my case is bit different. card is the only one in system and i have black scree. PC seems to start normal but there is no picture. i've read that 1 green light is power saving mode and it should kick after starting game but i can't do it with black screen. any advice how can kick start card? flashing bios? connecting with 1 more card? regards.

0 Likes
1 Solution

hello again. sry for late update. topic to close. after disasembling card i've found few bits melted. i guess card overheated. i'm very suprised that PC was booting with it. thx for your time. regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies
ajlueke
Grandmaster

Hello,

You motherboard may be set to use the iGPU in BIOS, and so the primary display adapter is going into power saving mode.  Reset CMOS on your board, make sure the display cable is plugged into the card, not the motherboard.  If you still have the same behavior, try switching to the secondary BIOS on Vega via the switch on the card.

0 Likes

hi. thx for answer. i don't have iGPU and i've tried to switch bios on card. no result. i'm thinking about booting with secondary card and try to flash bios.

0 Likes

Hello,

I looked into it a little bit, and there may be an issue with a recent Windows update.  Are you running Windows 10, and if so did the system update before this issue started?

0 Likes

personally i'm using linux. got card from mate who is using windows but i have no idea if he was updating it. card gives black screen on his pc and my, yet there is no any ping and it seems to boot normal just no picture, fan is not spinning.

0 Likes

That is strange, most of the lower power features (ULPS) etc. are OS specific.  Odd that the card behaves identically across Linux and Windows.  In that case, you could certainly try to reflash the BIOS on the card, and also try to do a clean install of the Linux drivers.

0 Likes

i doubt drivers will change anything as i have black screen all the time. my bad with explanation. card doesn't display anything even bios boot. it's permanent black screen, but PC boots normal, just not turning on monitor at all. looks like card got stuck in ULPS.

0 Likes

Okay.  Can you try switching the PCIe port?  That would rule out the motherboard vs the card.

0 Likes

will try tommor as i have go to work now will update tomorrow around 12pm UK time. regards.

0 Likes

hello again. sry for late update. topic to close. after disasembling card i've found few bits melted. i guess card overheated. i'm very suprised that PC was booting with it. thx for your time. regards.

0 Likes