cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

joosh
Adept I

Relive overlay not showing up

When playing games AMD Relive overlay doesn't show up when I press alt+z. I've tried rebinding the key for it and everything. When I'm playing games like fortnite and press alt+z my cursor freezes but I don't see the overlay, it's like it's invisible. I just use it for the replay feature and even if I try the shortcut key to save replays that doesn't work either. I tried enabling record desktop to see if that would make a difference and the only thing that changed was the overlay only would show up if I did alt+z when I was on my desktop. It seems like a lot of people are having these problems.

0 Likes
15 Replies
toretoshark
Adept I

Yes, same problem and no solution

0 Likes
technostone
Journeyman III

Solutions:

1. Just wait

2. Reinstall Windows

0 Likes

See I've heard reinstalling windows/fully wiping the amd drivers and reinstalling them would work but I've also seen people saying that doesn't work so it's like a hit or miss and I don't really want to do all of that for it to not work. Then it would be a lose, lose because then I'd have a wiped computer that I have to reinstall all of my games and apps on and no Relive. Thanks for the reply though. :)

0 Likes
riposte
Journeyman III

I have the same problem.

Deinstalled the drivers with Guru3D Driver uninstaller and reinstalled Win10-64Bit-Radeon-Software-Adrenalin-Edition-18.11.2-Nov19

I tried also a bunch of "solutions" from YouTube videos.

But the shortcuts are not working and the overlay doesnt shows up.

That sucks

fromatisk
Adept I

Same problem.

I have reinstalled my windows with last build (1809).

Overlay on DX9/DX11 doesn't work (Rocket League / Rainbow 6)

Why AMD don't resolv this issue ?

I agree, AMD Relive has been out for how long now and this hasn't been fixed yet? I don't want to go out of my way to reinstall windows/fully wipe and reinstall my AMD drivers all for it to still not work.

0 Likes

Everyone with this problem should report it to AMD > Online Service Request | AMD

i did it

0 Likes
redache
Adept I

I FOUND A SOLUTION.

Hey, sorry for yelling but im so happy that i figured how to fix it.

so my problem is just like yours, the icon of relive doesnt show up in the corner, and if toggle the overly on, the cursor freezes but nothing shows up.

now how i fixed it,

press Windows + R or go to start and write this : msconfig

in general, under selective startup, make sure that  "load system services" and "load startup items" are checked, CHECKED NOT HIGHLIGHTED!

how i think this fixed it? i had a program that makes my pc booting time faster by disabling services, and i noticed that when i installed relive first time it was working fine but after first restart it stopped working right, so that must be it.

hope it works with you as it worked for me.

I will post this in a separate forums.

You're amazing! I love you!!

Made an account because I had to share appreciation. I appreciate you sharing the solution.

0 Likes
andy4405
Journeyman III

I had this problem too. And I've found many threads like this one, with little in the way of answers.  I recalled something though.  I had enabled "Game Mode" through the xbox game bar... So I wondered if that was the problem.  I reenabled the game bar, ran the game, showed the gamebar and disabled "Game Mode".  The ReLive overlay started working immediately.

- Donwload latest drivers AMD.

- Uninstall your drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 18.0.0.9  in Safe mode.

- Erase folder contain AMD drivers in C:/

- To be sure to clear all file by AMD, use Glary utilities or Ccleaner before reboot.

- To be sure if u have change ur configuration (CPU/RAM/GPU) reset ur bios

That's what i had.
And last to be sure for performance, disable all windows game mode and tweaks with that's :
and that (if u don't use Onedrive, and lot of tweaks windows, u need to search what can be break ur service in this link)
and reinstall ur drivers that's all

Regards,

YOU ARE A LEGEND! EVERYTIME MY RELIVE STOPS DETECTING THE GAME, I JUST TURN GAMING BAR ON THEN OFF AND IT WORKS JUST FINE AGAIN!

Please report your work around to AMD. Maybe they will get the driver fixed with this information.

Online Service Request | AMD 

amdmatt‌  This is info that sure looks relevant to pass to engineering.

0 Likes
edmondvonersung
Adept III

I also noticed that numerous times after alt tabbing out of a game multiple times.

0 Likes