cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

tibs
Journeyman III

2200G or 2400G - Any (budget) motherboards that have a FULL bandwidth m.2 Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s) socket? They all seem to indicate the m.2 speed with be halved to 16 Gb/s with an APU installed.

I was leaning towards a 2200G APU... but I would also like to get full bandwidth from my NVME SSD in the motherboard Gen3 x4 slot.  Most motherboard specs seem to indicate the slot will get halved to Gen3 x2 with an APU installed. 

Here is the description from a BIOSTAR X470GTN

1 x M.2 Key M 32Gb/s Connector

* M.2 (32Gb/s): the bandwidth is depended on CPU Ryzen is 32Gb/s; APU & NPU is 16Gb/s.

And here is a description for a ASRock B450M Pro4:

- 1 x Ultra M.2 Socket (M2_1), supports M Key type 2242/2260/2280 M.2 PCI Express module up to Gen3 x4 (32 Gb/s) (with Summit Ridge, Raven Ridge and Pinnacle Ridge) or Gen3 x2 (16 Gb/s) (with Athlon 2xxGE series APU)**

This one references an older series APU having half bandwidth - but I'm worried the description just hasn't been updated with respect to Raven Ridge APUS (2200G and 2400G).

A lot of motherboards don't give this detail in the specs... so basically I'm worried this is a common thing (for all motherboards with Ryzen APUs?).  Any insight is appreciated!  I definitely would like to utilize the SSD to it's full capacity.

0 Likes
1 Reply

I would ask the Motherboard's manufacturer Support site for whatever the motherboard you are planning on purchasing. They would give an accurate answer since they are the one's the made and engineered the motherboard Specs.

From reading what you posted, it sounds like some sort of limitations from the APU. just guessing. Best is to ask the Motherboard's Support site.

0 Likes