cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

screwtech02
Adept II

Working Battlefield 5 crossfire profile??

Is there a confirmed working BFV crossfire profile??  With current drivers, cannot utilize over single GPU in game.  Confirmed with multiple monitoring tools.

0 Likes
14 Replies

According to posts on the BFV forums as well as Reddit, the game has multiple GPU issues, with nVidia even forcing it disabled (with issues being seen when it is enabled). It's a EA/DICE problem.

Standard finger pointing from both...  EA> Its AMD's issue, AMD>It's EA's issue.....  "And meanwhile back @ the ranch...."

0 Likes

In the case of DirectX 12 it's completely on the developer to implement multiple GPUs. In the case of DirectX 11, the developer has to first enable the ability to use multiple GPUs then provide AMD and nVidia what they need to create proper profiles else there will be issues. So yes, the problem is EA/DICE's to fix, but considering how well it works with single GPUs, they are likely much more concerned with ray tracing than multiple GPUs.

So true. Even NVIDIA is not supporting SLI worth a damn anymore. Both AMD and NVIDIA seem to be washing their hands of it. It is very true that under DX12 there is not SLI or Crossfire only MULTI GPU. MULTI GPU is entirely on the game engine to support the standard not on the driver. So if it doesn't work it it the folks that made the games fault if they even claimed it to work and it does not.

0 Likes

Well yeah, Nvidia wants to force you to buy a $700-1K GPU, and AMD is over here like "hey lets refresh our mid tier stuffs..."  I'd have a pair of Vega's in a heartbeat, but with all the price gouging from both sides currently, ima wait and see what Radja push's out for Intel...

0 Likes

Just saw 580 for under 200 usd..... I wish I could have two of them in my machine..... or 2 x Vega 56.... RTX is so overpriced....

0 Likes
deemonone
Journeyman III

Hello folks,

i´m using newest radeon drivers 19.2.1 and DX12 works fine. I don´t have a solid proof, but i think that crossfire is working too. I used radeon wattMan measurement and second card gpu core activity in game was positive.

0 Likes

Not possible, THERE IS NO CROSSFIRE OR SLI IN DX12. Glad DX12 is working for you, I use it too, it only supports MULTI-GPU which only a handful of games currently support. DX 11 and backwards may have crossfire support but it varies depending on the game the version of driver and their level of support. Support for Crossfire in the last couple of years has been pretty bad from all accounts of users in these forums. If it's working for you that's great. I would however warn anyone thinking that they just add another card for better frames at this point that in general it is not the best way to go. You will always have way better support buying a more powerful single GPU. That has always been this way and is more that way now than ever. I absolutely hope MULTI-GPU takes off in popularity and gets wide support from the developers as it is not the drivers that support it, like with CF or SLI. Time will tell.....

0 Likes

If anything it's going to decrease, which it already has with nVidia dropping to SLI just on the high end cards and then only two, and AMD dropping to effectively two GPUs with the removal of dual GPU cards. With mainstream cards able to do 1920x1080 without much problem, and high end cards not having much problem with 4K, there's little reason for them to fool with multiple GPU coding as 8K gaming at 8K is unrealistic, and also little reason for gamers to want to suffer the headaches of a multiple GPU setup.

screwtech02
Adept II

Only "headache" I have ever had is with Craptastic driver support, or weak  support from game Dev's.  Crossfire worked FINE in the BFV beta, was main reason I purchased it.  Glad I waited till after Christmas sale, and got it for less than $30...  Have ran MULTIPLE Crossfire setups since its inception with the X1900, tech is there, wish more people would embrace it, and not tell me to "use a single card"....

0 Likes

Several people get SLI to work on Nvidia for BF5 - Google Youtube and you

will see it scales perfectly using the Battlefront II settings.

Oscar

0 Likes

That "may" be the case, yet Crossfire, and SLI are completely different in nature..  This is on EA, yet, they want to point the finger @ AMD, and they in turn point it back @ EA...  And, NO-ONE wants the end user to get a exact answer, just keep throwing $$ @ games and hardware, "that" appears to be the "fix".....

0 Likes

Neither AMD nor nVidia have anything to do with multiple GPU support in DirectX 12 and Vulkan, it is completely on the developer to implement the features of the API.

It's great if it works for you. Not telling you not to use is. Just that most have moved away from it. For every one game that works well with it there are many more that just having the second card in the system causes game stability issues. Most have decided it just isn't worth the frustration. Of course if it met or still meets your needs that is awesome. It is however a deprecated system. AMD, Nvidia and Microsoft have all left it behind. The comments being that less than 1% of gamers ever even used it to begin with. So now it is supported directly in DX12 and up to the game developer to support as MULTI-GPU. Time will tell if it grows or dies. As I said I hope it grows, I'd love to get extended life out of some old cards.

0 Likes