cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

donnyvito
Journeyman III

RX 590 Strange artifacts.

When turn on pc, instead the logo of the motherboard - a picture with artifacts.

Could this be a hardware compatibility issue, like motherboard? MB - Gigabyte z68ap-d3 rev1.0 1jpg.jpg

RX 590 - YouTube

0 Likes
12 Replies

Check with mobo support site for possible solution/bios update.

You could also ask them if a spectre/meltdown bios is available for your mobo/cpu.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

If it displays normally in the OS, then, as Goodplay pointed out, it's a motherboard BIOS issue. If it does continue to display garbage in the OS, then it's a defective card.

0 Likes
donnyvito
Journeyman III

I found topic on gigabyte forum, same problem and same motherboard. Yes, this is BIOS issue, tomorrow i will check on another computer.15431441242170.jpg

0 Likes

Did you get any further. I have a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H​. Unfortunately it is rather old and I have the latest bios update installed, yet still no joy. I have disabled the on-board graphics and set the initial display to PEG but still get the weird screen.

0 Likes

21321.JPG

Today I checked a socket on another 1151v2 motherboard, everything is fine. This problem is due to the fact that the bios logo of the video card is embedded in the screen of the motherboard, that is, in this case there was an asrock board and the logo was - Asrock/Sapphire.

0 Likes

I don't get what you mean.

0 Likes

@nsuffield

Gpu+old motherboard = artifacts

Gpu+mobo start from 1150 soc = my previous image.

0 Likes

OK. Thanks. Damn. Perhaps it's time to upgrade the motherboard, which is not what I wanted to do really.

0 Likes

It's just little visual bug, does not affect anything.

0 Likes

That's...not supposed to happen. BIOS splash screens are of the motherboard's (or system manufacturer's) logo only, not of the video card's.

0 Likes

Look at image above.

0 Likes

Perhaps Sapphire support can shed some light on why their logo is there.

Does it have something to do with mbr or gpt fomat on older boards ?

I've installed approx. a doz. different bios(many custom), have seen pix screen(as when turn monitor on no connect to pc, no logo at all(just black), or current(spectre/meltdown bios direct from GA(needs to be requested through support)) which is just logo(not full screen). 

You can disable it in bios, does not affect accessing bios(well, except for having to time/spam the keyboard hit).

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes