cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

richardl
Journeyman III

Intermittent blackscreen flash RX580

Just installed the latest drives on windows 10 and I am still getting black screens while working in windows 10.

I am using a LG 4k screen and Display Port.

Didn't touch any of the BIOS settings, so this should work out of the box.

Please advise, this is brand new system and this shouldn't happen.

I can provide DXDiag if you guys need.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Not necessarily 'should work out of the box'. first thing I do with a new build is check mobo bios/chipset/driver updates.

Some steps you can also try,

But if you want someone to check it all for you, try https://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/

Read their posting inst. first.

Also please supply INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION​ here, for someone to offer further suggestions.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

In addition to the great advice goodplay has given, as a RX 580 owner I off this:

Unfortunately this is a common issue. It is power related typically and nothing wrong likely with your system. My RX 580 exhibits the same behavior.

Most of the RX 580's sold are overclocked out of the box and as such the vanilla drivers don't supply a high enough power ceiling.

This is quickly fixed by raising the  Red Power Limit Sider to it's maximum. Slide the slider all the way to the right to 50. This is still well withing normal range and is not over volting in any way. It is dynamic and doesn't even mean your card is constantly using more power. Only that it can use more when needed.

This setting is in Radeon Setings / Gaming / Global Settings / Global Wattman : down below the fan settings.

If this alone does not help there are several other things you can do to get it stable. Let us know how this works for you first please.

0 Likes
richardl
Journeyman III

BTW, i'm not even gaming.
I'm using chrome on windows 10 when this happens.
Will try the recommendations you posted. thanks.

0 Likes