I've built a system based and below are the specs:

Ryzen 2700x (not overclocked)

MSI b450 Gaming plus

16gb ddr4 2400 G.Skill Ripjaws V

1tb seagate barracuda

120gb Gigabyte SSD

6gb Galax GTX 1060 OC

Seasonic m12II Evo, 620 watts PSU, 80 bronze full modular

windows 10 64bit home (updated to latest)

I've been having this random freeze and had to hard reset to continue. I'm not sure what to do and been reading a lot of post here and it seems to have no answer or perhaps different solution to every configs.

Maybe you guys can help me fix my pc, i'm using this to edit some videos.

thanks guys!

0 Likes
25 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

miro, 620 Watts may be too small.  Please post a screen of Ryzen Master (RM).  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

will post the screenshot once I am able to go back home. thanks!

0 Likes

pastedImage_0.png

here is the screenshot of ryzen master

0 Likes
jigzaw
Elite

Please check your bios if has the latest AGESA that will run the 2700X. After that, please make sure you have the latest chipset AMD driver installed. Are you just having random freeze on video editing only or it happens in other workloads, this will isolate and identify which environment it freezes. This help others here in solving your issues. regards.

I will try to do these updates and check. It happens not only when editing but even though it is in idle or just doing other stuff like copying files or doing office work type of jobs.

0 Likes

I know this suggestion might not be take well. I had a issue before when the culprit was the new SATA cable that came with motherboard. I replaced it with the other one supplied, what a strange occurrence on that build.

0 Likes

I have updated the bios and also the chipset. Will observe it starting now and report it here again if it hangs again.

btw, i have installed below driver, correct?

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
miro
Journeyman III

UPDATE!

ever since I have updated the BIOS and Chipset i haven't had the random freeze yet except for the 1 time blue screen, not sure why that happened.

I will continue to  monitor my pc but it seems to fixed it.

thanks guys

0 Likes
miro
Journeyman III

OH NO! After few days of using my pc it freezes again. Also encountered blue screen.

Im just browsing while copying some files.

need help again what might have caused it.

0 Likes
neodenis
Journeyman III

Same Problem with the same processor on x470 Asus Prime Pro and good Ram.

0 Likes
jigzaw
Elite

Try going to the event viewer. Right click the windows icon and select the event viewer. Most of the time it shows kernel or loss of power that cause random freezing.

I built a Ryzen 5 1600X with:

Asrock AB350M

16 GB of 2 x 8 GB G.Skill FlareX 2400 for Ryzen

256 GB WD Black NvMe

Thermaltake Tough Power Gold 550W

Thermaltake Contact Silent 12 CPU Cooler

Radeon Pro WX3100

I have same problems like you have  on that build, drove me nuts. Purchase a new Asrock AB350M motherboard while I RMA the previous board as VRM will heat up while idle and worked fine for month. My team was retrenched on that office I used to worked and left behind the this pc build as they decided to pay for it

I built a new system with the RMA Asrock AB 350M motherboard with:

Ryzen 7 2700

16 GB of 2 x 8 GB  ADATA XPG 3000 DRS

256 GB ADATA SX7000 NvMe

AMD Wraith CPU cooler from my FX8370

Antec EarthWatts EA550G-Pro 550W

Radeon Pro WX3100

Works like a charm, no issues at all like my first Asrock AB 350 ATX build with

Ryzen 7 1700X

Be Quiet Pure Rock

32 GB of 2 x 16 G.Skill RipJaws V 3000

256 GB Intel 600P NvMe

Antec True Power Classic 550W Gold

Radeon Pro Wx4100

So it is really hard to figure out what went bad.

0 Likes

hi jigsaw, what else do you think I can tryto fix my issue.

Eversince i have updated my bios and chipset it encounters blue screen and crash.

I need help guys

0 Likes

Hi Miro, rolling back your bios to where it worked perfectly. I did it once with ugly bios version.

0 Likes
mrmar
Journeyman III

Im having the same issue with 2600x and found a workaround. In Bios change PCI settings from x16 to x4x4x4x4. Try that. Ive already tried everything - swaping twice mobo, ram, psu, drives etc .. Still the same. In GPU Z when I have pcie x16 enabled my GPU reports under load its working at pcie x16 1.1 and I have experienced stuttering, random freezes and reboots (in any aplication). When switched to x4x4x4x4 GPU-z reports x4 3.0 under load. Its still enough for a 1060 but meh...  Something tells me its the Ryzen 2 poor handling of the pcie lanes..

0 Likes
miro
Journeyman III

it didn't worked for me guys. my main issue is i'm encountering blue screen issue

0 Likes

Hi Miro,

Can you try setting the Flare X XMP settings from Auto to manual 2400? The reason being that is common thing left that we had in common on having problems.

0 Likes

ok i'll try and let you guys know if it works

0 Likes
snghpkj
Adept I

just uninstall the sound drivers(delete it too) and install the larger sized driver package offered on motherboard support page. That should solve it.

0 Likes

really? is that causing it? have you encountered same issues as well? which larger size package also?

will try this out and report back

0 Likes

realtek.png

on my motherboard support page there were two audio drivers listed. I installed universal driver which is 32mb. And my system windows 10 64bit throw up bsod. I uninstalled that driver and installed the 301mb realtek  high defination audio driver and the problem was gone for me. You do the same. hope its solved.

0 Likes

Hello Miro,

What temp is your CPU running at?  Overheating issues can often cause random shutdowns to protect the processor.  Just look at the core data from HWinfo to see if this is potentially a thermal issue.

0 Likes
miro
Journeyman III

47178780_1972561196114740_2355605943414161408_n.jpg

encountering this more often after doing a clean install of 1809.

I think i will reinstall 1803, but before I am encountering BSOD just like this.

help me guys

0 Likes

Check event viewer. If you can find error pointing to something specific. I would have class id  event id thing. Event 41. Did memory test and everything. Eventually it was sound driver. Changed it and BSOD was gone. My board is MSI b450  carbon ac

0 Likes

Now It's my second ryzen 2700x pc. This time with x470 gaming plus(MSI). Same crashes again. replaced the universal audio driver for realtek. Hope to see no crash now. So far so good. b450 carbon pro ac has had no crash ever since I changed the audio driver. Hope It's the same fix that works this time too.

yes. It is running smoothly. No BSOD. SORTED!

0 Likes
su-k
Adept I

Please try the following.

1. Execute chkdsk / f (command prompt)

2. Check CPU temperature with HWinfo (Tdie is not more than 70 ℃)

3. Update chipset driver

4. Try one by single memory

5. Slow down the PCIE lane
6. Change the port of storage or SATA cable

7. Change AHCI Link Power Management (Disable power saving)

8. Remove special storage (Hybrid HDD etc.)
9. Redeposition of CPU grease

10. Measure the voltage directly if there is a digital tester

11. Do not use Windows 10 insider preview

If it still does not improve please try this custom power plan.

Limiting CPU clock may stabilize.
In some environments it may not be stable due to an increase in the load of security patches.
Depending on the combination of the CPU and the motherboard, there are cases where there is insufficient margin and an error occurs.

How to use

Installing the power plan -> install.bat

Uninstall the power plan -> uninstall.bat

register the batch file in the launcher application if necessary.

StartMenu->TaskBar->Right Click->Tool Bar->New Tool Bar=>Select bat file Folder (PP_Select)

* Please return to the balance(Windows Default) after the test.

PPlan.png

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/176UurikjSSODn7KEX_K5BVLElvxywkCg

0 Likes