cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

hugo12317
Journeyman III

RX 480 drivers 18.10 and 18.11 fans problem

Hello i have a problem with lastest 18.10.18.11 drivers. I have Asus Rog Strix RX480 and autostop fans dont work, when im playing and watching movies all ok, but when my monitor turn off, fans-coolers will accidentally switch to full power for 5 seconds.  Completely random, impossible sleeping witch PC i have quiet computer this sucks VERY NOISY. With driver 18.9.3. all ok

0 Likes
3 Replies
hugo12317
Journeyman III

Corretion:Completely random, impossible sleeping with PC i have quiet computer this sucks VERY NOISY. With driver 18.9.3. all ok

0 Likes

Several similar posts with these Asus cards...the issue is:

GPU Tweak II

ASUS FanConnect

They conflict with AMD and Wattman settings and controls.

Delete these from your computer..clean install the latest AMD driver.

Or keep them, reinstall the AMD drivers, and do not use/touch/change/open the AMD Wattman controls.

0 Likes

Same without these tool: I install GPU Tweak II before two days with hope that tool fix that . But i dont use it before problem starts.

So it probably will not be, im going on 18.9.3. work fine such a shame in this year newest drivers really sux, fisrt HDCP problem when plugged PC monitor and big Panel *mouse lagging* HDCP off on both fix that, second this cooler problems, Now still not fixed for half year LoL. In last year absolutely 100%Drivers now really sux.

And new 18.11.2 dowgrade power in Assassins Creed:Odyssey 18.9.3. ok on 18.11.2 lost 10-15fps big problem is frame drops on 18.9.3 NO problem. Nvidia have same problem:) What happend we pay much money for your products and we have only PROBLEMS great.

And OC in GPU Tweak II from stock clock to 1400mhz GPU stable AC:Odyssey work much better but this is problem bad optimalization of whole game i think

0 Likes