Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

vagarwal
Journeyman III

bios update for phenom II X4 810

Hi,

I have 10 yr old AMD phenom II X4 810 which was working great until Windows 10 update for spectre/meltdown. I don't get any bluescreen but now the system is so slow, it takes a day just to boot up. I have tried to find latest bios firmware on AMD but can't find any. Does anyone have information about where can I still find BIOS update for this processor?

Thanks,
Vishal

0 Likes
3 Replies

Have you tried the motherboard manufacturer.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

You don't update the processor. You update the motherboard bios. I don't think that any motherboard maker however is making any bios updates regarding this issue on hardware of that age. There is a utility you can choose to disable these updates, while not a good idea from a security standpoint. You likely won't have any issue and if you don't mind being a bit less secure you might find it helps. I also don't know what version of Windows you are on but MS seems to have purposely used these updates to cripple Win 7 and 8. Windows 10 fairs much better.

The utility I spoke of:

GRC | InSpectre 

0 Likes
steviejay
Adept II

If there is no BIOS update from the motherboard manufacturer (or even if there is, the Phenom is an old CPU), simply take ownership of the mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll in C:\Windows\System32 and rename or delete.

Be aware that future updates, upgrades or sfc /scannow will replace the missing .dll and revert your system to it's current state.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X, Corsair 32GB DDR4-3200, Gigabyte B550 GamingX v2, ASUS TUF Gaming RX6800 16GB, Corsair RM750i, 2TB Samsung 970Evo Plus NVMe PCIe x3, 512GB Corsair MP600 Force NVMe PCIe x4, 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA-III, ASUS BW-16D1HT BD-ROM Writer
0 Likes