Journeyman III

BSOD in game since install of Ryzen 5 2600

My config :

- B350 Gaming pro

- Ryzen 5 2600

- G.Skill Ripjaws V Red DDR4 2 x 4 Go 2400 MHz CAS 15

I flashed the bios to the latest version

I updated all drivers

When i play a game of fortnite, 15 minutes later, i got BSOD with differents errors : system_service_exception, bad pool caller, win32kbase, kernel security check failure, bad pool error,  system_thread_exception_not_handled

The latest BSOD :

On Fri 23/11/2018 22:14:42 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\112318-32562-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x8138D1)
Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8005B0A38D1, 0xFFFFD200530C9C28, 0xFFFFD200530C9470)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M
file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
Bug check description: This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Fri 23/11/2018 22:14:42 your computer crashed or a problem was reported
crash dump file: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP
This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!memset+0x4AD5)
Bugcheck code: 0x7E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF8005B0A38D1, 0xFFFFD200530C9C28, 0xFFFFD200530C9470)
Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that a system thread generated an exception that the error handler did not catch.
The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies

Run WhoCrashed and see what it says about your BSODs, http://www.resplendence.com/whocrashed

misterj
Big Boss

Thanks, yoyoboul, but those messages do not tell us much.  The 'caused by' module are W10 code and it is very unlikely the error is there.  Please compress your minidump folder and upload it so we can take a look.  Do you have the latest chip set drivers downloaded from the AMD Driver DL web site and only the AMD site not the MB vendor?  Please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master when running your game.  What is your power supply and W10 version (winver in command prompt)?  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Windows version: Windows 10 , 10.0, build: 17134

Yes, i have the latest drivers from the AMD Driver website

My power supply : Cooler master 500w

Who crashed say : '"The following dump files were found but could not be read. These files may be corrupt:" but i ploaded them : https://ufile.io/gkt6a

When i do a test with OCCT on the CPU, it crash with the same error

0 Likes

RyzenMaster IG.png

Screen of RyzenMaster ingame

0 Likes