cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lithid
Journeyman III

Help; R7 250 Crashes

Hello, as of late. I built a new computer, and got an R7 250 off of a friend to act in place of a GPU that I will get later. Perhaps an RX 590. Anyway, I had very little issue with this card up until EXTREMELY recently. When I first got the card and installed the drivers, everything seemed fine. All except for one thing. Very rarely, I would click on a MP4 file, it would open a VLC windows with black in it. And a popup would appear with "Default Radeon WattMan settings have been restored after an unexpected system failure." And I would close the VLC window. If I opened up any other MP4 file, my entire system would lock up and I would have to hold the system power button for 15 seconds in order to restart it. I never paid that too much mind. The real problem started the other day. I just got CoD:BOIII for PC and wanted to play with my friend. We got up to round 12 and I was in the Cinema area, with all of the cars. All of the sudden that popup came up, and after 5 seconds, exactly. My PC locked up. Had to reset it. I thought "Maybe it would be a one time thing." However, flash forward 30 minutes ago and an hour into a Sims game, it did the same exact thing...

What do I do?

0 Likes
5 Replies
greyknight86
Adept I

I had a problem with my r7 250 around april time as my RX 460 gave up on me, the problem i had was bsod which in part was caused by newer drivers not liking something the thing that fix my problem was to go back to older drivers (driver version 17.11.1) dont know if this will help you but trying doesnt hurt.

Alright man, I'll give it a shot. Thank you for responding

0 Likes

Same here. I have a R7 265 and any driver version higher than the 16.11.5 constantly crashes (with wattman warning also).

0 Likes

seems weird that some cards have to use older drivers and some dont ive had to go back to 17.8.1 so my RX 560 4gb would work with out crashing not 100% if its fixed but seems to be, but that leaves me wondering if i can go back to playing destiny 2 again

0 Likes

For future reference, I tried newest drivers again and it seems the problem is finally gone. Still using my r7 265 and had no problems so far with Adrenalin 2020 Edition.

0 Likes