Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

wechhe
Adept II

Random black screens in games with Vega64 + CF791

Hi guys,

There are already a couple of Threads but amdmatt​ asked me to open a new discussion (see VEGA 64 + XG 2730 + Freesync = Random Black Screens ) Re: CF791 Freesync black screen via DP

I am experiencing random black screens when playing games. Those black screens seem to be random and sometimes happen numerous times within one hour and sometimes I can play for 3 hours straight without one black screen. The black screens look like a short signal loss. The monitor goes black , then the backlight goes on (without picture), then off again and then the picture is back.

Games where it happens:

World of Warcraft

Overwatch

Battlefield 5

PUBG

Games where it not happens:

Battlefield 1

My setup:

Vega 64 Liquid Cooled

Samsung 34CF791 connected via HDMI 2.0. (I tried different cables)

currently using Adrenalin 18.11.1, the issue happened with all 18.x drivers though.

However - those black screens are annoying as hell, especially when playing a fast shooter like Overwatch or Battlefield 5.

0 Likes
3 Replies
fuju
Adept I

If you enable CSM, disable it.
It can be set with BIOS (UEFI).
I was bothered by similar problems with the RX 570, but it solved it.

Sorry for google translation

0 Likes

I have a M2 SSD and cannot simply switch off CSM - my Windows wouldn't boot anymore.

0 Likes
solved
Journeyman III

For me this was solved by setting gpu state 1 to min freq, mem state 3 to min freq, and disabling fan zero rpm in wattman. Basically forcing the card to never idle. Still only consumes 30w when not under load so not a huge power drain.

2019-02-02.png

0 Likes