Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

lastspark
Journeyman III

RX480 amd driver not installed or not functioning properly

Hi everyone,

So there is a bit of a story here, but I will include a TL:DR at the bottom. Now, I currently am sporting a Saphire RX480 8gb. I tried to update the drivers a few times over the months but each time the amd software would freeze up (for hours on end) and I would just kill it. Today I tried again except my screen went black at some point during the installation. With no other option, I restarted my computer.
Needless to say, my monitor no longer gets a signal from the computer, I have tried both of the card's HDMI ports, and do not have the means to test out the other ports. I used my integrated graphics (from cpu) to start messing around here is what I tried:

1: Use DDU to clean wipe any drivers and reinstall the proper ones, making sure to prevent windows 7 from reinstalling drivers automaticaly.

2. Used the auto detect tool to reinstall the drivers.

3. Restarted computer and got this message.

4. Repeat steps 1-3 several times out of desperation.

Now, I tried to update the drivers for a while now because the past few days my screen would flicker and a weird noise would be sent through my headphones (connected through an audio jack). This was only for the past few days.

My specs:

Windows 7

i7-2600

12gb RAM

TL:DR
Got a black screen during another failed driver update, restarted computer as it was inaccessible, no signal started coming from the card. Tried to resintall drivers cleanly, now I get the message mentioned up top, and still not signal from card.

Thanks in advance!
Spark

0 Likes
1 Solution
Hardwood
Paragon

Just a suggestion or two.

1) upgrade to win10

2) don't use the auto detect. Go to Radeon™ RX 480 Previous Drivers | AMD and grab 18.5.1 or 18.5.2 or the latest and download and install manually after  using DDU.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hardwood
Paragon

Just a suggestion or two.

1) upgrade to win10

2) don't use the auto detect. Go to Radeon™ RX 480 Previous Drivers | AMD and grab 18.5.1 or 18.5.2 or the latest and download and install manually after  using DDU.

ASUS TUF X570 wifi, AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, ASRock 6700XT Challenger, Antec Truepower new 700w. 32GB

Thanks for the suggest! I haven't been ignoring you, just running busy with uni. I'll get around to try it sometime 2mrw, I'll post here how it went!

0 Likes

Hi I'm back, I did not have the means to upgrade to windows 10, however, getting the old driver got it working again. Then I made a restore point just in case and tried going to the newest driver which worked out fine. So thank you for the fix/suggestion!

0 Likes