cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

Radeon Performance Overlay broken on RX Vega 64 Liquid. Anyone else seen this?

Hi,

CPU: i7-4790K.

Motherboard: Asus Z97 Deluxe Dual.
Ram 32GB Corsair Ballistix Tactical LP.
GPU1 (Primary (top) PCIe Slot.:  XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid. GPU2: (Secondary (middle) PCIe Slot - Sapphire R9 Fury X.

I am building some new PC's and I just took delivery of a new (not second hand, brand new, in a sealed box) XFX RX Vega 64 Liquid.
Previously had been running the Sapphire R9 Fury X as Primary with a PowerColor R9 Nano Secondary.
I had been running Adrenalin 18.11.1.
I had been running Those GPU in DX11 Crossfire and DX12 MultiGPU and the Performance Overlay was working ~mostly  O.K in 18.11.1 (although 18.10.1 and 18.10.2 it caused many BSODs).
Usual scaling issues of the size of the overlay text ~ unreadable at 2K and 4K resolutions, which still needs fixed, but no screen corruption.

I disconnected from the internet, booted into Windows 10 safe mode. I ran latest version of DDU to remove drivers, and I powered down the PC.
I removed the R9 Nano, moved the R9 Fury X from Primary to Secondary PCIe Slot, and fitted the new XFX Vega 64 Liquid.
I then powered up the PC and installed Adrenalin 18.11.1 Drivers. The driver installation completed.

The Radeon overlay on the RX Vega 64 Liquid works at 1080p sometimes.
If I try to use the Radeon Overlay at 2k or 4K resolutions, I get screen corruption + crash or screen flashing or multi-color display.
The Radeon Overlay mostly worked fine with the same driver on the same games with the R9 FuryX/Nano combination even in DX12 MultiGPU/DX11 Crossfire at those resolutions.

So AMD top end RX Vega 64 Liquid Radeon Overlay is broken at the very resolutions I want to use it with, 2K & 4K.
I have spoken with a few people and they are seeing similar issues on Vega FE and Vega 56 cards.
Any idea of workaround for this?

Should I just put the second hand R9 Fury X and Nano back in and run them instead - they are actually faster and more smoothly than 1 RX Vega 64 Liquid in BF1 during my testing so far.
The RX Vega 64 Liquid is running with the BIOS Switch set in position 1, nearest the Displayport and HDMI outputs, in the high power BIOS mode which should be ~ 300W average at stock clocks in Turbo Mode. I initially tested it in Turbo mode with fans maxed and temp targets maxed out.

The GPU is indeed reported to be burning ~ up to 330W peak during testing at 1080p in this mode.
I don't mind as it keeps the office nice and warm in the winter so no discussion of undervolting needed at the moment. 

I will post a few examples of what I am seeing on the RX Vega 64 Liquid w.r.t the Performance Overlay.
Please let me know if anyone else has seen similiar examples of this once the videos are available. 
Thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

This issue has been fixed w.r.t Screen Corruption in Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2.
Just to prove it, here is the Radeon Performance Overlay Working on BF1 at 4K Ultra 120'C (Max) FOV. pastedImage_0.png

Thank you for fixing the screen corruption. It was really bad. It is good that the performance overlay now works at 4K.
I mark this as the correct answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

Here are some links to some videos showing the problem I am getting with a new RX Vega 64 Liquid.
I am driving a Viewsonic VX2257 1080p 75Hz monitor but the monitoe also has 2K 75Hz and 4K 60Hz modes.
I turn on Virtual Super Resolution with my R9 Fury X / R9 Nanos and drive this monitor no problem without such screen corruptions over HDMI/DisplayPort.
The RX Vega 64 Liquid is giving this coruption with DisplayPort/HDMI, it happens on DX11 and DX12 games. It happens at 2K and 4K resolutions.

1080p is o.k.

I had to record the problem using Smartphone as Radeon ReLive does not catch it.
Radeon Overlay - Performance Overlay broken in BFV on RX Vega 64 Liquid Adrenalin 18.11.1/2. - YouTu...

Radeon Overlay broken on BF1@ 2K with RX Vega 64 Liquid on Adrenalin 18.11.1/2. - YouTubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7lAY_oaL_Q

Radeon Overlay - Performance Overlay broken in BFV on RX Vega 64 Liquid Adrenalin 18.11.1/2. - YouTu...

Radeon Overlay-Performance Overlay broken on BF1@ 4K with RX Vega 64 Liquid on Adrenalin 18.11.1/2. ...

0 Likes

And finally:
Radeon Overlay - Performance Overlay broken in Strange Brigade at 2K/4K on RX Vega 64 Liquid. - YouT...

The performance overlay is causing this screen corruption every game I tested so far with the RX Vega 64 Liquid.

If I test the same game with an R9 Fury X on the same machine with the same display and display input (HDMI/DisplayPort - no screen corruption and the performance overlay 'works'.

0 Likes

This issue has been fixed w.r.t Screen Corruption in Adrenalin 2019 18.12.2.
Just to prove it, here is the Radeon Performance Overlay Working on BF1 at 4K Ultra 120'C (Max) FOV. pastedImage_0.png

Thank you for fixing the screen corruption. It was really bad. It is good that the performance overlay now works at 4K.
I mark this as the correct answer.

0 Likes