cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Discussions

destiny 2 free

Destiny 2 is free with battle.net, last call to get it, offer expires on November 18

game is 80GB so beware of the SSD free space

10 Replies

Is the game free when you register at Battle.net or what do you have to do to get the free game?  You need to be registered and have a Battle.net Account.

EDIT: Went to Battle.net (Blizzard website). This is what you need to do to get the free game:

Bungie and Activision have announced that the full Destiny 2 base game for PC is now a free gift for all new players on Blizzard Battle.net. For the first two weeks of November, anyone who does not already own the PC game will have the opportunity to claim it as a gift through their Battle.net account.

Destiny 2 will be free to claim and download from November 2–18, 2018. New Battle.net accounts created after 11:00 a.m. PDT on November 2, 2018, will need to enable Blizzard SMS Protect before claiming their free copy. Destiny 2 PC is redeemable from the Battle.net gift page.

Bungie is also rewarding existing owners of Destiny 2 PC. Those who already purchased the game on Battle.net will be eligible to receive an exclusive gift of their own: a special in-game emblem marking the game’s anniversary that will be available in December

0 Likes

I have a few blizzard games which I play

when I saw the bungle game up for free, I posted it on my site and I figured I would mention it here

activision is starting to use the platform for games more

Can't argue with getting a free high quality game. Just wanted to know what you needed to do to get the free game.

It is a great way to get more traffic and new Users to use Blizzard's Battle.net.

I just posted the requirements so other Users will know they would need to join Battle.net and open a new account to get the free game.

0 Likes

battle.net has been used by world of warcraft for quite a while, WoW is very popular and it is bigger than most Steam games by far

0 Likes

I was going to download it...but the requirement to give my cell phone number "SMS protect" turned me off. It's bad enough to have your e-mail/password/credit/ lost when one of the sites gets hacked...I don't feel like sharing my phone number as well.

lots of shops are using mobile to protect consumers from fraud

steam uses it with their mobile app so that nobody can steal your game collection etc

0 Likes

They do have a separate authentication app that you use with the phone in question.  Any account request must be approved on the authentication app first.  It is a little annoying, to buy a game digitally, only to have the software demand authentication, and then try to figure out where the heck my phone is.  But it is more secure as any hacker would also have to physically be in possession of your phone.

0 Likes
henryshaw
Adept I

Hi guys, I want to ask you that if we need to spend cash in order to make a battle.net account or you can get it for free?

0 Likes

sorry the game offer has now expired

A Battle.net account is free.