cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

davtarazona
Newcomer

Help with threadripper 1950x. LAG , very low benchmark.

test.jpg

New build, Threadripper 1950x

Motherboard Asus Strix x399 E-Gaming

RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 64GB Kit (16GBx4) DDR4 2400 MT/s (PC4-19200) DIMM 288-Pin - BLS4K16G4D240FSE

GPU: EVGA GEFORCE 1080 TI SC2

M.2 : Samsung 970 1TB

I was playing league of legends and it dropped frames from 150 to 24 .

tried opening folders and took seconds to load.

I'm thinking is the ram.

Are there any other things I could try before switching ram?

Bios is up to date.

0 Likes
1 Solution

davtarazona, I think that is a good cooler, so maybe some problem with it.  Does it have software that displays water temperature, pump speed and fan speed?  If so, please post a screenshot.  The manual shows six fans.  Do you use six fans and all six are turning?  Are all your fans turning the same direction?  Please check the arrow on each fan.  As a test, after confirming that all fans are rotating the correct direction, is to connect both the water pump and the fans directly to 12 Volts using a SATA or Molex adaper.  I assume you use a thermal compound on the HS/CPU?  If so reinstalling is probably not instructive.  Has something changed lately?  It is not a bad idea to ask ARTIC for suggestions.  Enjoy, John.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

davtarazona, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) and give us more information - power supply, UEFI, EXACT W10 version.  Is the M.2 your only storage?  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

RM.jpg

I've Ran RM with creative mode and Game Mode and I get the same results all the time.

Power Supply:Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU PS-TPG-0850FPCGUS-R

UEFI : Version 0808

Windows 10 Version : 1809

M.2 is my only storage.

Thank you!

0 Likes

davtarazona, why is your CPU so hot!  The limit is 68C.  What cooler are you using?  Here is an old screenshot from my 1950X:

MyRyzenMaster.jpg

Please note my temperature and CPU Voltage.  I suspect the CPU voltage is being adjusted downward to lower the temperature.  I'm using a Enermx Liqtech TR4 240 CPU Cooler which is a little overkill.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Im using a Artic cooling liquid freezer 360.

https://www.amazon.com/ARCTIC-COOLING-Liquid-Freezer-360/dp/B0788RD354/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=15...

Should I reinstall it ?

Ps: Would it matter if the cables are plugges into the right slots on the motherboard. I believe they might not be where they should be but the fans are spinning . So i just left it there.

0 Likes

davtarazona, I think that is a good cooler, so maybe some problem with it.  Does it have software that displays water temperature, pump speed and fan speed?  If so, please post a screenshot.  The manual shows six fans.  Do you use six fans and all six are turning?  Are all your fans turning the same direction?  Please check the arrow on each fan.  As a test, after confirming that all fans are rotating the correct direction, is to connect both the water pump and the fans directly to 12 Volts using a SATA or Molex adaper.  I assume you use a thermal compound on the HS/CPU?  If so reinstalling is probably not instructive.  Has something changed lately?  It is not a bad idea to ask ARTIC for suggestions.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Thank you so much for pointing that out!

it was thermal throttling! .

I took out off the cooler from the cpu and it wasn't making proper contact. the cooler was completely clean from thermal paste

went and bought thermal paste now my cpu is cool.

Also on task manager my speed was always 2 ghz or around there. now is never below 3.40 ghz

test3.jpg

0 Likes

Great, davtarazona.  Thanks much for posting!  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes