cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

ikes
Journeyman III

Game selecting wrong GPU to run on

I have two GPUs in my system a 480 and 7870. I am trying to play modded minecraft but the game will not run on the 480 even though the 480 is the default GPU in Radeon settings, the 480 is connected to the default monitor, and the game launches on the default monitor. I've added the game in Radeon settings but there is no option to choose what GPU it runs on. In game the debug menu says it's running on the 7870. I know there used to be a setting in Catalyst control that let you select what GPU is used but I no longer see that option. I am running the newest drivers and java. With vanilla minecraft this isn't a problem, but with enough mods added to it the 7870 maxes out. The 480 is installed in the first PCIe slot, and the 7870 the third.

0 Likes
1 Reply
matthew998
Journeyman III

Hey, I have video about it. HOW TO ENABLE AMD DUAL GRAPHICS! 100% WORKS!!! FPS BOOST!!! ULTIMATE GUIDE 2019 (AMD Adrenalin 2019)...  But OpenGL does not support dual graphics or switching. And it will not boost your fps, bcs Minecraft using CPU and little bit of GPU. If you wanna watch, i will be glad.

0 Likes