Drivers & Software

chouex
Adept I

RAID drive only show in Windows 10 safe mode

My hardware:

Asrock Ab350M Pro4

1 x samsung NVMe (OS,noraid)

2 x 500gb 2.5" hdd (RAID1)

after I switch to RAID mode and initalized raid1 array, I boot into windows, the drive manager only show my NVMe device, the AMD-RAID driver seems already installed, after awhile I try reboot into safemode, found the new raid drive appear in drive manager, and the "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" disappear in devicemanager, but even I disable/uninstall the "Standard SATA AHCI Controller" the drive still not being detected in normal boot.

0 Likes
1 Solution

I have no way to enable AMD RAID after installed windows, so I have to reinstall windows

Every time i install the amd raid controller driver in device manager i got

BAD_POOL_HEADER bsod

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Follow these steps.Note, the BIOS options/pathways may be named slightly differently on your board.

1. In Bios Setup, go to BIOS and set CSM Support to Disabled. Save and Exit BIOS.

2. Enter BIOS and go to Chipset > Sata Mode and Set to Raid. Save and Exit BIOS.

3. Make sure nVME raid is set to disabled, it is by default but double check.

4. Enter BIOS > Peripherals > RaidXpert2 Configuration

5. Setup raid, select Raid 1/5/10 and select your Sata hard drives, create array. Save and Exit BIOS.

6. Boot from Win 10 installation media. Begin Windows Install and setup. Do not delete or format the raid array drives using Windows installation.

7. Prior to installing Windows, load these raid drivers > AMD RAID Driver (SATA RAID Only) 712 KB > https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-tr4/x399

8. Load raid drivers > rcbottom > rcraid > rccfg

8. Install Windows to your nVME drive after loading the three raid drivers.

9. Update Windows and restart

10. Install AMD RAID Installer (SATA RAID Only) 337MB https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-tr4/x399

Let me know how you get on.

0 Likes

8. Install Windows to your nVME drive after loading the three raid drivers.

I want to use RAID without reinstall windows 10, and I am able to use it in safe mode. Just want to know what is missing to make the RAID work in normal boot without reinstall windows.

1. In Bios Setup, go to BIOS and set CSM Support to Disabled. Save and Exit BIOS.   changed

2. Enter BIOS and go to Chipset > Sata Mode and Set to Raid. Save and Exit BIOS.    done before

3. Make sure nVME raid is set to disabled, it is by default but double check.    done before

4. Enter BIOS > Peripherals > RaidXpert2 Configuration    done before

5. Setup raid, select Raid 1/5/10 and select your Sata hard drives, create array. Save and Exit BIOS.    done before

6. Boot from Win 10 installation media. Begin Windows Install and setup. Do not delete or format the raid array drives using Windows installation. do not see any raid drive

7. Prior to installing Windows, load these raid drivers > AMD RAID Driver (SATA RAID Only) 712 KB > https://www.amd.com/en/support/chipsets/amd-socket-tr4/x399

8. Load raid drivers > rcbottom > rcraid > rccfg    able to list Raid drive after install rcraid driver

I stoped here because I want to keep my current installed windows.

0 Likes

Did you load the sata raid only drives when you installed Windows to your nVME drive? If not, that could be why you now receive this message.

0 Likes

I have no way to enable AMD RAID after installed windows, so I have to reinstall windows

Every time i install the amd raid controller driver in device manager i got

BAD_POOL_HEADER bsod

0 Likes

amdmatt Do I have to follow the same steps when I only want to restore my existing SATA RAID configuration?

On W10 1803 I was able to select the second option in the list of 4 different RAID controllers (within RAIDXpert in advanced options) on my X370 GAMING PRO CARBON BIOS.

When I attempt to do the same after the W10 1809 update it keeps forgetting my selection. Resulting in a system not showing my RAID drives.

0 Likes

Yes, it should remember the existing raid setup providing it was configured on the AM4 platform.

Can you provide a screenshot of what you are referring to?

0 Likes

RAIDcontrollerselect.bmp

Option 0 Never worked. Option 1 is the one that worked for me.

But it seems like my MB fails to save option 1. Which leads to the SATA drives not appearing in Windows.

I think I might need to contact MSI about this matter. What do you advise?

RAIDcontrollerselect_00.bmp

The faulty PCI ID is shown here above.

The correct one looks like as the following image:

RAIDcontrollerselect_01.bmp

I assume that I need this one in order to get my SATA RAID stations back.

0 Likes

I'm not familiar with that board, but make sure that CSM is set to disabled and that Sata raid is enabled.

Does your raid array show in the BIOS under RaidXpert2 as ready or online?

0 Likes

On MSI boards I think CSM is called Windows 10 WHQL support. ​I disabled it and RaidXpert doesn't show in Advanced Settings. I'm only able to see the RaidXpert2 in my bios when I've enabled Windows 10 WHQL support a.k.a CSM. SATA RAID is all online according to RaidXpert2 Bios menu. I'm not able to login with RaidXpert webportal so I haven't tried the latter.

0 Likes

Yes on that board then you need WHQL support enabled.

Is your array bootable? If so it needs to be first in the list.

0 Likes

Thanks for your quick reply.

I should've informed you earlier that my Windows 10 is installed on one of my PCIe NVMe drives. I've have only used RAID on my SATA drives.

How can I still boot on my NVMe drive and still be able to use my RAID array?

0 Likes

You should be able to do that following the instructions i posted earlier.

0 Likes