cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dippoopsoup
Journeyman III

Please help. I mistake and uninstalled the ryzen 5 2500U with Vega graphics mobile Gfx and I want to install it back. I searched at AMD.com but there wasn't ryzen 5 2500U with Vega graphics mobile Gfx,

Screenshot (17).pngnothing for ryzen 5 2500U with Vega graphics mobile Gfx.@amd

0 Likes
6 Replies
jigzaw
Elite

Hi there,

Please go to the utility provided by notebook/laptop manufacturer as it has an option to to update your drivers that should should restore everything in your notebook. regards

0 Likes

You need to go to your Laptop's Manufacturer Support site and download the Integrated Graphics driver and install it from your Laptop's Driver Download page.

If you are having difficulties locating your Laptop support site, Please post the EXACT MAKE & MODEL of the laptop you have. That way I can link the page for you to download the driver.

EDIT: Have you tried to Restore your laptop to the point before your uninstalled the APU Driver?  Go to Windows Settings - Update & Security - Recovery - Advanced Startup.

Once Windows Advance Startup appears you have several options including Restoring your computer to an earlier point. Click on the Restore point right before you deleted your APU driver and see if it restores the Driver and it is working correctly.

Thank you for the response! I reset my computer but it didn't work. May I know what you meant saying EXACT MAKE? my model is Acer nitro 5 AN515-42-R8HN

Please help me

0 Likes

At Acer Support for Laptop Model NITRO AN151-42 found the drivers to download from: Product support

VGA

VGA Driver

Date:2018/10/08

Version:17.40.6001.2601

Vendor:AMD

Size:347.8 MB

Download

Acer Support also has a very new BIOS update: Product support

BIOS/Firmware (4)

Upgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution.

BIOS

1.Improve system performance.

Date:2018/11/12

Version:1.11

Vendor:Acer

Size:6.2 MB

wnload

BIOS

1.Update SMU to v30.74 for R7 APU. 2.Improve memory compatibility.

Date:2018/11/02

Version:1.10

Vendor:Acer

Size:6.2 MB

Download

After Resetting your laptop. What is Device Manager showing? Any yellow exclamation marks? or Errors for any drivers?

Try installing the VGA Driver from above post and see if everything works correctly. If it doesn't try updating the BIOS if you have an older version than 1.11.

Also what BIOS Version do you have installed? if it is earlier than version 1.10 than it might be a very good idea to update to Version 1.11 to help make the Hardware and software more compatible in your laptop.

NOTE: If you don't know how to update the BIOS or are afraid to do it, DON"T DO IT.  Have someone who has computer experienced do it for you and show you how to do it correctly. You can ruin your laptop if you do a bad installation of BIOS.

0 Likes
lrvarney
Journeyman III

YOU CAN GO TO AMD WED SITE AND DOWNLOAD IT FROM THERE IF YOU USE DETECT DRIVER AND IT WILL SEARCH AND FIND WHAT YOU ARE LOOKINGIT WILL FIND THE RIGHT DRIVERS FOR OR IT WILL ASK YOU WHAT AMD CPU YO HAVE THERE WILL BE 4 STEPS TO DO BUT IT IS NOT HARD TO DO      I USE DETECT DRIVER  THAT WAY YOU WILL GET THE RIGHT ONE                                  

0 Likes