Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

cedricisme
Journeyman III

Framerate drop RX 580 4GB and Freesync

Hi,

I bought this week a RX 580 4GB from Gigabyte with a Asus VG245H freesync compatible monitor. Before it, I had a Zotac GTX 1050 Ti. So, I bought the RX 580 because my GTX 1050 Ti got issues and I have to make an RMA for it. I'm playing Destiny 2 and with my GTX 1050 Ti, I've got around 45-60 FPS on maximum setting at 1080p. But since I've got the RX 580, my frame drop below 30 fps when there's some actions... I don't understand ? I've done my research, try some manipulations, like using DDU, delete all drivers (NVIDIA, AMD) and reinstall the last graphic driver without any AMD settings... the FPS was better but drop frequently to 40 FPS during combat action with stuttering... try uninstall Aorus Engine... oh.. a little bit better but still stuttering... install the AMD setting, set the power limit to 50% in Wattman... Disable the ULPS in the registry... try again... still stuttering at 40-45 FPS... What's the issue ? I don't doubt that the RX 580 is far better than the 1050 Ti but something go wrong somewhere because I didn't see the difference. I play without any Sync.. and even with a V-Sync or Freesync, the frame rate still drop.

Futhermore, when I activate the Freesync, I didnt see the difference on the frame rate, neither with my eyes... Did something wrong ? I activate Freesync on my monitor, got it activate in the AMD settings... still no difference. Does V-sync got to be activate in the video parameters of the game ? I want to know the correct configuration please.

• AMD Graphics Card
    • Gigabyte AMD RX 580 4GB
  • Desktop or Laptop System
    • Desktop
  • Operating System
    • Windows 10 64bit v. 1809
  • Driver version installed
    • Radeon Adrenalin 18.9.3
  • Display Devices
    • ASUS VG245H 24" 1MS 75 Hz Freesync compatible.
    • Plug HDMI
  • Motherboard + Bios Revision
    • Gigabyte Gaming G1 Z170
  • CPU/APU
    • Intel i5-7600k 3.8GHz
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Be quiet ! 600W 80+ bronze.
  • RAM
    • 2 x 8GB Corsair 2400Mhz

Please help me out, thank you.

Cordially,

Cedric.