cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

revolver1978
Journeyman III

wx 7100 fan speed - won't adjust?

I have the most recent driver and am using Radeon Pro software.

Version 18.Q3.1

The fan runs constantly at 3648 rpm.

I've gone to Global Tuning as adjusted downward but nothing changes.

I've removed and reinstalled but nothing works. I tried both PCI slots as well.

This things is wicked noisy, and it's not from heat. GPU-Z showns a constant temp of 28-30 degrees celsius.

0 Likes
5 Replies
revolver1978
Journeyman III

Capture.JPG

0 Likes

Capture1.JPG

0 Likes

I seen a couple of threads concerning professional cards fans not being able to be controlled properly.

fsadough​, one of the AMD Forums experts on professional cards, may have some insight on this problem. He might be busy so you may have to wait before he answers. Also he needs to know all your computer information to give a proper answer.

You can always open an AMD EMAIL SUPPORT Ticket and see if they can give you any insight about your problem from here: Online Service Request | AMD

EDIT: This is the latest Driver for your Professional Card: Radeon™ Pro WX 7100 Drivers & Support | AMD

The Download page has a User Guide on Fan Control. It might give you answers on how to control the Fan you your Professional Card: https://drivers.amd.com/relnotes/fan-control-user-guide.pdf

If the new driver doesn't work then you would need to wait for fsadough​ to answer or open an email support ticket.

0 Likes

I've also submitted an online service request (just now.) Maybe there is something I'm not aware of. I did attach the three screenshots to that email.

0 Likes
jensjensen
Journeyman III

I have same problem. Fans seem to be running full speed all the time. It has been as long I can remember. After updating my computer this noise have been quite annoying. GPU fan noise is just too loud.amd_fan_rpm.PNG

0 Likes