cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

rwd4ever
Adept III

how slow is the AMD E2?

I work part time for a company that bought too many Lenovo mini-PCs and gave me one.

It uses the E2-9030 (2 Ghz Excavator family). I looked up some reviews/benchmarks and they suggest it was only as good as a Core 2 from 10 years ago. So I wasn't expecting much.

Well it manages to run Windoze 10 ... I would say it more like a first generation i3 or i5.

At least it is quiet, the CPU fan never seems to rev up.

0 Likes
3 Replies

Exceedingly slow.

0 Likes

I happened to google your CPU and found CNET mentioning a mini Lenovo PC. Is this the one your have: Ideacentre 310s Specs - CNET

If interested, here are the Lenovo drivers download page for the Lenovo Ideacentre 310s-o8ASR :  desktops and all in ones :: 300 series :: 310s 08asr - US

Seems like your CPU is soldered to the motherboard thus it can't be upgraded. I was trying to see if you can upgrade the CPU until I saw Black Zion post on the CPU Specs.

0 Likes

Yep the 310S. It had version 1511 of Win10 - it must have been sitting around for a while. Interestingly, had yellow exclaimation marks in device manager.

So probably needed some drivers. I put in a SSD and installed version 1703 of Win10 and all seemed fine. I would say Lenovo should have built them with an SSD

instead of WD blue HDD. Perhaps it was intended for cheapskate companies to give to the secretary who spends all day on e-mails.

Interesting that the E2 has AVX2 (I doubt anybody would be number crunching on one) but a Kaby Lake Celeron only gets up to SSE4.

0 Likes