cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Discussions

A New Radeon Community Manager Appears

Howdy Red Team!

I'm Mickey Molad and I'm a new AMD community manager, focusing on Radeon and gaming content. Nice to meet you!

About me:

I've been playing video games and involved in tech since I was a little kid. After some time in college, I had the opportunity to work professionally in the video game industry, and since then I've been helping build communities around the world. In my free time I love to cook although I'm a sucker for getting takeout and a movie (RIP Blockbuster).

What I do at AMD:

I currently oversee all things Radeon social at AMD, covering our gaming, professional graphics, and datacenter efforts. While I'm a gamer at heart, I love the technology behind graphics, and it's incredibly interesting seeing how Radeon is changing the landscape across multiple industries.

Gaming:

I'm always playing an MMO, and right now I'm heavily involved in Black Desert Online, although I bounce between World of Warcraft, Final Fantasy XIV, and Star Wars: The Old Republic. I used to play FPS games competitively but was too young to take it seriously; I still find time to try the latest Call of Duty and Battlefield games. Let me know if you have a recommendation!

Industry work:

I've worked in community and customer engagement for over 10 years. I started my career at Blizzard Entertainment, where I helped manage some of the customer service processes behind World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, Diablo III, and more. Part of my career was spent reviewing customer reports for gameplay issues and helping write material for our staff to prepare for game releases, expansions, and patches. I also helped launch our presence on Social Media like Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit - taking support directly to the players. (I also got a cool sword for it)

Since then I've worked as a community and technology manager at various places, taking what I learned at Blizzard and applying it to other industries. In my free time I help run some gaming communities on Reddit - you may have seen my design work at /r/Overwatch and /r/Hearthstone.

Contact me:

I'm often in the Red Team Discord server as Mickey, and you can also find me on Reddit as /u/AMD_Mickey. You may find me lurking elsewhere across the web, but I try and keep my opinions to myself without representing AMD.

I'm really looking forward to getting to know you all, so drop me a line and say hello!

5 Replies
neon
Miniboss

Hello and welcome. The Radeon society is replete with fast thinkers and clear seers.

0 Likes
jamesc359
Forerunner

It's nice meeting you Mickey.

0 Likes
benman2785
Big Boss

hi mickey (mouse) (i know its the first time you heard that )

radeon community will have some fun soon i assume

PC: R7 2700X @PBO + RX 580 4G (1500MHz/2000MHz CL16) + 32G DDR4-3200CL14 + 144hz 1ms FS P + 75hz 1ms FS
Laptop: R5 2500U @30W + RX 560X (1400MHz/1500MHz) + 16G DDR4-2400CL16 + 120Hz 3ms FS
0 Likes
kc5vdj
Elite

YOYOYO!  Welcome aboard!

0 Likes
saywhut
Challenger

Welcome Mickey!  Glad to have you onboard and hope to see you around!

0 Likes