cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

rangan2510
Journeyman III

Does AMD care about Ryzen Mobile at all?

It has been an year since Raven Ridge was released. I am using a laptop with Ryzen 5 2500U. Decent hardware. However, it is crippled by bad drivers. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 5575. Now, I'm quite sure that Dell would not release any driver updates anyways. It's something all OEMs do. But does AMD plan to support this hardware in the future? With the current drivers (17.7), it's impossible to watch videos on VLC, system BSODs occasionally when playing embedded videos on webpages in Edge, 1366x768 screen resolution is not available even though the 1080p panel supports it, driver would not start when Hyper-V is enabled and so on.

Now, I am definitely not the only one facing such issues. There are many others out there who are clamoring for Raven Ridge support. Does AMD have anything to say regarding this? Will they ever release reference drivers? If yes, when? If no, why?

I really don't want AMD's recent success to turn them into an anti-consumer company.

0 Likes
3 Replies

The answer is in the first replies to the question...you can ignore the babble after:

Why do Raven Ridge Mobile APUs not get any love?

0 Likes
jigzaw
Elite

Hi Ragan,

I was in the same boat but my HP was stable with the drivers that came with it. That said, I was able to upgrade my HP to 18.7.1 through the HP support forum. here is the link: Solved: Re: Envy x360 Ryzen Crashes - HP Support Community - 6866127

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

There is already an ongoing discussion on this topic here. Please continue the discussion there.

0 Likes