cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

samsmitte555
Journeyman III

Radeon Settings uninstalled after windows update? how to get it back?

I don't see it anywhere at all, on the taskbar or desktop. When I search the radeon there is the app that comes up as a result but when I try to run it it says it is a shortcut to a file that no longer exists.

It was fine and running before I installed the new windows 10 update

How can I get AMD Radeon Settings back?

I have an AMD Radeon R9 380 GPU if that means anything.

0 Likes
3 Replies

What new update, for what win10 build vers.

Maybe it overrode/installed Win generic driver, check driver details in device manager.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803

I checked drivers for GPU too and they are all up to date

0 Likes

Have you tried to install the AMD Driver again after the Windows Update to see if you get the Radeon Settings back?

Here is the latest AMD Driver for your R9 380 (DESKTOP): AMD Radeon™ R9 380 Drivers & Support | AMD

If this is a laptop you need to post all of your computer specs as per AMD Forum rules: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION

When you install the AMD Driver for your DESKTOP GPU card. Follow this basic method of installation to prevent any conflicts:

install AMD driver:

1) Download the correct AMD Full Set of drivers from AMD Support. Make sure your Windows is fully updated via Windows Update. Windows Must be fully updated because the latest AMD Drivers requires all the latest "Optional" and "Recommended" updates to be installed.

2) Use Windows Uninstall to uninstall current AMD driver and software and disconnect the internet from your computer. Then use DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller) Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU) from Wagnardsoft  Forum in Safe Mode. This will eliminate all traces of the AMD driver and software from your computer.

Delete C: \ AMD folder from the Root Directory. Reboot

3) Go to Device Manager and click "Display Adapter" and make sure you are on the MS Basic Display Adapter. If not, uninstall the AMD driver using Properties.

4) Try reinstalling the AMD FULL SET OF DRIVERS that you have downloaded manually. Make sure you disable the Internet to prevent Windows from installing a newer version. So configure windows to prevent it from updating drivers via windows update. So it has been mentioned to disable any anti-virus programs before installing AMD Drivers.

5) If the new AMD drivers installs and works correctly, delete again the C: \ AMD folder from the root directory. To save space on the HDD.

6) Enable both the Internet and Anti-Virus program (if applicable).

7) Go back to Device Manager and check your GPU card driver is working and identified correctly.