cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

fish2695
Journeyman III

rx vega 64 stop working

I have to re - installed  windows 10. After updated BIOS on my motherboard and installed new drivers from original asus web page rx vega  crossfire stop working. Is still working on normal usages but when I try play game is freeze and I have to restart and then windows is switching off  crossfire. Crossfire was working fine for last 12 months and with no problem but on old motherboard BIOS and old drivers. Is there anything new in new windows version ( 17134.376) or problems with new drivers? I tried re - install windows about 20 times up to now .

Asus Z270-F BIOS 1301

intel i7700k

32gb 3000 corsair

2 x rx vega 64 liquid cooler

PSU EVGA 1600 W

0 Likes
6 Replies
dstmnd89x
Challenger

If you've updated the BIOS on the motherboard I'd recommend that you completely uninstall all graphics drivers, including a boot into safe mode to use Display Driver uninstaller (DDU), and then update all chipset drivers from the ASUS support site--unless that is what you were referring to in your original posting. Install the latest drivers for Vega 64 and reboot. If you still have issues after that, there are a few more things to look at.

If you've really reinstalled your OS 20 times you are wasting a vast amount of time...

0 Likes

I did, new BIOS new chipset driver and other drivers and then with DDU in safe boot uninstalled and installed new AMD driver. when I start play is fine then more often and when I finish then all system is freeze even mouse and then is message that I need to reboot system to do change in my system. After reboot one GPU is completely switch off ( in rx vega 64 you can see red or green light ) and you cant see in AMD driver setup. After reboot again second card is back with red light , you can see in AMD driver setup and crossfire is disabled. Very often when I play ( with crossfire on ) the game is freeze and again the same, reboot no second card, reboot second card is on but no crossfire.

0 Likes

After new windows I installed chipset driver then AMD GPU driver and then chipset new driver but after that I uninstalled AMD driver with DDU and installed again. Do I need to install chipset driver with all updates first? Do I need to install all motherboard new drivers before AMD drivers? But I always after any motherboard update drivers was finished clean install with DDU new AMD driver, always in the end last one. Is look like system under load or when I use crossfire   is determined to switch off completely second card for some reason.   

0 Likes

I don`t now if is important but I have 3 monitors connect  3 x asus 28" 4K 3840 x 2160 resolution bot when I play use only one at the moment and 2 others disconnect in windows display setup. 2 others monitors still you can see in display setup as disconnected monitors. All 3 monitors are the same and connected with display  port cables.

One more thing I didnt install display driver for GPU intel  graphics on board, because I dont use but maybe is important ?

0 Likes

Hi

Still have a problem with second card, any ideas?

0 Likes
fish2695
Journeyman III

Hi

Still have a problem with second card, any ideas?

0 Likes